Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Retired Community Manager

Grandmothers Are the Most Avid Gamers

According to a new study from AARP researcher Brittne Kakulla, grandparents play video games for fun—not just to connect with family—and they often play solo. In fact, more than 60% of grandparents who play at least once a month are grandmothers. Raise your hand if you're a grandmother and a gamer!

Regular Contributor

Any Zelda game and Skyrim. I play on Nintendo Switch because they have the separate hand held controllers. The other controllers cramp my arthritis. It's a shame PlayStation and XBox do not make the separate controllers as well.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I enjoy VR games (virtual reality) using Meta Quest 2.  The mini golf, bowling, paint games, jigsaw puzzles and those some of the easy games.  They have shooter games, zombies and action games.  Also take a visit to some place you would like to see anywhere in the world.  There is so much more but I'll just stop here.  

Contributor

I play Wordscapes, In Bloom, Mahjong.  I get so involved it sometimes goes for hours….Have played in tournaments for the In Bloom and Wordscapes and have come in first place a couple of times.  Still workin on the Mahjong. This is really hard and many people play this game.  You have to be fast and accurate. I have since increased my status by ten people from the bottom but the top people have at least 35 or so points above me. It certainly a challenge.

Contributor

Fortnite 

I love to play Mario Kart and Mario Kart 8! I also play Hay Day on my phone with some other older ladies in my community 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP