Community Manager
Community Manager

Game night!

Have you ever been part of a group that meets regularly to play cards or poker? Tell us about it!

0 Kudos
Contributor

We play Mah Jongg. There’s a group in our local borough hall and it’s open to all. We also play in homes while others are playing on line, especially since Covid. 

Social Butterfly

Here at the home, we are deep into Chinese checkers and tidily-winks.  Everyone seems able to understand those.

Contributor

Pinochle has always been out family's game.

When covid started two years ago, we discovered an online card-playing site, and still regularly play pinochle there.  And sometimes euchre.

Contributor

I originated and still coordinate a group of guys who have been playing TeamHearts once a month for about 30 years.  TeamHearts is a variation where you ALLWAYS pass to you partner sitting opposite in a four person table.  Otherwise is just like regular Hearts.  Game requires skill commensurate with bridge but way more exciting.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I forgot to mention that the games, usually 3 or 4 tables, are hosted in a players home who provides at least pizza and salad and everybody brings a wine of choice so it is also a wine tasting, or maybe a drinking, club.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Group of 4-5 women get together to play Canasta on Friday afternoon.  Alternate at each other's homes.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Yes, for most of my life - just not cards or poker. As much as I love a good game of euchre, most of my game nights have been for Dungeons & Dragons or tabletop board games that go a bit beyond the Monopoly space 🙂

~Craig
0 Kudos
Contributor

yeah i do have group of people who love to play games in night. we all connect by discord and then play poker online. 

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Mid-seventies, so miss our Saturday night poker games...

We'd either host or attend on rotating basis (think moving feast). Lots of pot luck, liquor and other stuff 😉

Poker could be either serious or mild; either way, fun for all, Lennon or Clapton in the background, kiddos playing on the patio, life seemed so sweet...

Miss that innosence and that simple life.

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP