Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Honored Social Butterfly

Empty space over the AARP heading.

HELP! I do several crossword puzzles and play word games on the games site. There has always been an empty area above the AARP heading. This area is 1-3/4 inches high and in the past the heading has always moved up when I scrolled, getting out of the way and allowing full access to the game and/or puzzle. Now suddenly this isn't happening. The full game area is no longer displayed because this won't move out of the way, so how are we expected to be able to do the puzzles etc.

Retired Community Manager

Updated 3:00 PM: We’re narrowing down this issue and have determined this is effecting logged in users only and only on desktop.

A short term fix is for gamers to play in a non-logged-in state. However, a better alternative for those who want to play logged in (to save score and earn Rewards points) is to reduce the desktop screen size down a little to get the whole gameplay area in view. For instance, if you zoom down to below 90%, you should be able to see the whole gameplay area below the ad and red header bar.

Thanks for your continued patience as we work to resolve this glitch.

0 Kudos

Happy to report the issue has been fixed. If anyone is still experiencing the issue, please log out of Games, then log back in. Thank you!

Periodic Contributor

Congrats IT dept! You've made a lot of old folks very happy!

Honored Social Butterfly

They sure did.

Honored Social Butterfly

I just went there a few minutes and yes it is fixed. Thank you all so much for working on the problem and getting it taken care of so quickly.

You're welcome, @SassiLady, and thank you for bringing the issue to light. Enjoy your day!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I'm having the same problem.  Started 4-19-22.  I'm using Firefox.  Banner ad blocks one fourth of the screen, making it very difficult to do crossword puzzles.

Honored Social Butterfly

Sorry but I can't get the screenshot to show up something about an invalid HTML.

Okay what we see is the Red AARP banner and above it is a light blank area that is 1 and 3/4 inches high. Previous to yesterday we could scroll and the banner would move up into the lighter blank area allowing us to view the entire game/puzzle. As of yesterday the banner stopped moving when we scroll up or down.

Hi, @SassiLady; @SBBucs2021@fluffotis; @TimothyD474660@SusanC5720@grailqueen; @jasweet62, from what I understand, this is happening because an ad is absent. Because of this, you inadvertently may not be scrolling down the page far enough to get the empty space to retract. To be sure, please scroll until you see the footer, then scroll back up taking care not to scroll all the way to the top or the blank header will reappear.

0 Kudos
Contributor

That is not true.  The Medicare ad is at the header and i scroll down and wait and it will not ever roll up.  This has to be a change made to satisfy the advertiser.  Please update your response.

Good morning, @SassiLady, sorry to hear that! I've already alerted tech support but I know they'll need more info. May I ask which games you're playing, plus the device and browser? Also a screenshot of what you're seeing would be extremely helpful. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

WOW, just playing around, that same blank area is on all the sites even this one. But on here the AARP banner moves up when you scroll and gives you more space. Now I am really puzzled why it only seems to be stationary on the games site.

Honored Social Butterfly

I am using my HP laptop and Firefox browser and it is affecting all the games and puzzles. We really need that extra space or it is impossible to play.

This just started yesterday, prior to then it was fine.

Contributor

Same here, HP Laptop on Google.  Just started yesterday. 10 x 10, addiction solitaire, mahjong solitaire, pretty much every game.  Header will not scroll up and out of the way.

Contributor

Same here. All games

Periodic Contributor

Me too. The header isn't retracting on any games I've tried. I'm using a laptop with Firefox browser, which is up to date.

me too - all games

Contributor

On my site it is all the games, My name is Jo and I was just reading her info and I decided to let you know I am having the same problems

Periodic Contributor

Having the same problem here in CT.  Previously, all I had to do was scroll up and down and the whole game would show.  Glad it's not my computer, though.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP