Periodic Contributor

Daily Crossword SEVERE Graphic Distortion - (Chrome Dark Mode)

The new interface for the game - with Chrome in dark mode, text typed into the game is invisible.

The whole page appearance is terrible! 

PLEASE CHANGE IT BACK !

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, @SamL540958 and @RichardT318178, our team tested this using Dark Mode (with Chrome browser) and are seeing Daily Crossword working properly with no issues across different devices as well. As a first step, the recommendation is to have you clear your entire cache. The thinking around that is you may have cookies or page state saved in cookies that are causing an issue with how the game is functioning and loading. Would you please give that a try and let me know if this resolves the issue? Thank you kindly! Lynne
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I tried that a few times. 

The AARP puzzle page is the only one on the internet that has that problem. Boatload Crossword puzzles (on their page) still works fine. 

There was another time when AARP tried to roll out the new puzzle format and I had the same issue. AARP reverted back to the old format until now. 

Do you see the image I uploaded to this thread (Columns 1-5 all contain the letter "Z")?

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @SamL540958, yes, thank you, the image is helpful. Did you happen to take the steps of clearing the entire cache? Also, if you can provide more detail on which crossword/day this was that would help us to reproduce the issue. Many thanks!

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Windows 10 Home
Version: 21H2
Build: 19044.2486
Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4190.0

Chrome Version: 109.0.5414.75 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Windows is set to run "dark mode" globally. I see no setting in Chrome for dark mode. There are no extensions installed to enable Chrome "dark mode." 

Yes, I cleared the cache and entire history several times. 

It happens with every AARP interactive "Daily Crossword" puzzle since the format change. 

When the format was attempted to be changed late last year, it behaved the same. Thankfully AARP went back to the old, working format. 

Best Regards!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I agree the new format is terrible

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Columns 1-5 all contain the letter "Z"
CW puzzle with invisible text

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP