Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Contributor

Banner ad blocks part of crossword

Recently the banner ad at the top of the screen stays on while I'm trying to do crossword puzzles. It takes up about one fourth of the screen. In the past it would show up briefly and then go away.  Now it's there all the time. This greatly inhibits my ability to navigate through the puzzle clues and grid.  How can I get rid of it?  Thanks.

Retired Community Manager

Updated 3:00 PM:

We’re narrowing down this issue and have determined this is effecting logged in users only and only on desktop.

A short term fix is for gamers to play in a non-logged-in state. However, a better alternative for those who want to play logged in (to save score and earn Rewards points) is to reduce the desktop screen size down a little to get the whole gameplay area in view. For instance, if you zoom down to below 90%, you should be able to see the whole gameplay area below the ad and red header bar.

Thanks for your continued patience as we work to resolve this glitch.

0 Kudos
Retired Community Manager

@CharlesH238154, I'm happy to report the issue has been fixed. You may need to log out of Games, then log back in. Thank you!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Breakout® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP