Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Retired Community Manager

Are you a word nerd?

Are you a word nerd? Do you consider yourself a logophile? What are your favorite games to play that satisfy your love of words?

Conversationalist

I play the card game Quiddler a lot. I prefer Scrabble but my regular opponent evidently can't deal with the possibilities a grid demands of him, so we play this card game instead.

I like Wordle, too. Big fan, big fan! I played it every day for almost two days!

In fact, I loved it back when it was a game show called "Lingo" long before it became the trendy brand-new-thing no one had heard of before! 

Yeah, I'm not going to be making friends with these kind of posts.

Social Butterfly

@AvocadoDog , I really enjoy Quiddler, Boggle and have been playing Wordle for a few months now.  Never been a Scrabble fan.  Probably because my spelling has never been my strong suit.  I'm a veracious reader, so I can usually tell you if something doesn't look like it's spelled correctly.  The great thing about Quiddler ( obviously Scrabble too ) is I'm increasing my vocabulary in a fun way.  

0 Kudos
Contributor

Four wordles at once!  Quordle.com

Periodic Contributor

My wife LOVES Outspell.  She plays is everyday.  

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Defintely Outspell -- it is a sense of accomplishment to Outspell the mechanical opponent.  Other fun AARP word games would be Codeword and Split words (Staying Sharp.)

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

My favorites on the AARP Games site are Outspell and Scramble and my favorite on a table is Scrabble.  On Megatouch, I also play several word games (i.e., Zen Word) for 25 cents a pop.

Social Butterfly

I’m talkin Wordle!

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I'm cringe worthy "back when dinosaurs roamed the earth" era-

Hangman or Scrabble, or "hands on/in the peel" Bananagrams with several dictionaries, thesaurus.

Penny Dell Puzzles dot com/(free)Puzzler's Corner/Word of the Day-

today is: farrago (noun) An assortment or a medley; a conglomeration.

Big fan of Rock, Paper, Scissors for ending squabbles. It works, everyone involved feels not slighted.

Regular Social Butterfly

Arkadium has Today's Hurdle, a fun word game I think we'd enjoy here at AARP.

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Social Butterfly

@WebWiseWoman , Thanks,  Word Nerds should stick together.

Retired Community Manager

Thanks for your suggestions, @Rhymesometimes and @WebWiseWoman! I'm also a fan of Wordle and sometimes practice on WhatWord before playing😊

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Lynne- Where do you play WhatWord?  Years ago that was my favorite!! But it's not available for mac.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@AARPLynne , There are three that come to mind, Boggle, wordle and quiddler. Would be awesome if we had games like those represented on this site to play.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP