Community Manager
Community Manager

Are you a puzzler?

Sometimes there's no substitute for an old-fashioned jigsaw puzzle. Some people like to look at the completed image only once. I really like to sort the colors and start with the corners. What's your approach to assembling a puzzle? Do you invite others to join you?

Contributor

I love jigsaw puzzles! 

I start with corners and edges. Then I separate the shapes. 

I play only 1,000 or more.

It may take me 2-3 weeks. But I only work on them when I'm in the mood.

Contributor

We just finished a 300 piece puzzle ...  on our kitchen counter!  The height was perfect & standing gave a better view of the entire expanse of pieces.  Maybe burned a few calories standing rather than sitting?  

Contributor

We do puzzles weekly. We start with the edges then my boyfriend usually starts with the top and I do the bottom most of the time. He will separate the colors or a theme going on in the puzzle. We finished a wooden puzzle recently. Boy was that interesting. The right piece just drops in. Many different shapes it was really challenging.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I love puzzles. I buy the puzzle based on the theme of the room in my house. Begin with the edges and then with specific objects with the puzzle. Once completed, I glue the puzzle back and front, get the puzzle professionally framed and hang it on the wall.

Social Butterfly

I try to start with the border and after spending a number of hours to find about six pieces, I put the puzzle back in the box and find something better to do.

My husband and I finished two weeks or so ago, that was a complete puzzler as the shapes were unusual but the Yellowstone morning glory pool was beautiful upon completion.  I'm losing my eyesight so this helps with challenging me to place items the first time. 

Contributor

It’s been a while but actually a great way for exercising the eyes and measuring patience to see where my interest level is at the present.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@aundrear55772, that's a really interesting way of approaching puzzles!

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

@AARPLynne  I love jigsaw puzzles. However, have not been able to do them in a long time. My cats think they are toys.  😼  Would love to still do them again. They are even fun to do multiple times. With the advent of online puzzles, I can still do them occasionally here on AARP. 

Community Manager
Community Manager

@Vexed, that is so funny and endearing at the same time! They're trying to help LOL!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

Test Your Knowledge, Score Big. New Game Each Day!

AARP's new Right Again! Trivia game - part trivia, part puzzle, all fun! Special opportunities for AARP Members and Rewards participants. Play Now.

AARP Right Again! Trivia

AARP Rewards

Sync your smartphone or favorite tracker with AARP Rewards to earn points for hitting steps, swimming and cycling milestones Sync Now.

AARP Rewards Badge

Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.

Music and Brain Health