Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Community Manager
Community Manager

AARP Right Again! Trivia Contest 2021

Do you love trivia?  Who doesn’t? Trivia games aren’t just fun – they also test your knowledge and help you learn new things! 

In our new AARP Online Community Right Again! Trivia Contest we’re looking for the best 70’s and 80’s Pop Culture Trivia from our community members like you. We’re talking music, movies, TV, fashion, dance crazes, games … even food.  To be entered in the contest, share your ideas for questions and answers and you’ll get a chance to win one of five (5) $50 VISA gift cards along with 50 AARP Rewards Points.  A panel of judges appointed by AARP will select the top five trivia question winners, which may be selected for use in AARP’s new Right Again! Trivia game, coming soon.

Contest Details

Reply to this discussion to share your 70’s and 80’s Pop Culture trivia question. Entries are accepted from Monday, September 6 until midnight September 25, 2021. Official Rules here

AARPTeri
Periodic Contributor

D

0 Kudos
Contributor

D

0 Kudos
Contributor

D

0 Kudos
Contributor

D

Stephanie Surette
0 Kudos
Contributor

Q— In which psychedelic/art rock band were two founding members related by marriage (son and stepfather)? 

A— Randy California, guitarist and frontman for the band “Spirit,” recruited his stepfather, Ed Cassidy, who was 28 years older, to be the band‘s drummer/percussionist.  They collaborated on the hit song “I Got a Line on You” and albums including “The Family That Plays Together”.  

Regular Contributor

"Some people call me Maurice" and some people call me what else (2 answers)?

Contributor

THE GANGSTER OF LOVE

Regular Contributor

1. Gangsta of Love, 2. Space Cowboy

Contributor

The gangster of love

Contributor

Space Cowboy

Contributor

Pompatus of Love

Contributor

Gangster of Love

0 Kudos

Some people call me the space cowboy.

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Well, some people call me the Space Cowboy....

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Some call me The Gangster of Love

0 Kudos

Why does "The Beatles" satellite radio station feature the Elvis song Love Me Tender"?

0 Kudos
Contributor

Paul McCartney wrote it?

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

In 1980, a new communications satellite was launched into orbit which would provide cable tv to the world.  Unfortunately, this satellite once in orbit, failed to work.  The space shuttle was eventually sent up to try and repair it.  After numerous attempts to diagnose the problem, the astronauts failed at making this comm satellite function.   Then one astronaut got an idea.  The robotic arm of the shuttle was extended.  When within reach of the satellite, the arm gave it a good "THWACK!".  And the satellite started working and has functioned ever since!  This then brought what well-known cable tv station to the world who used the space-theme in its ads?

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

mtv

0 Kudos
Contributor

MTV?

0 Kudos
Contributor

WAS IT TNN?

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

mtv

Periodic Contributor

Who starred in both the movie and TV versions of "The Paper Chase" in the 1970's as Professor Charles W. Kingsfield Jr.?

Periodic Contributor

John Housseman?

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Yes, John Houseman. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Which songwriter wrote or co-wrote the 80s hits "Love is a Battlefield," "The Warrior," "Better Be Good to Me," and "Change"? 

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Holly Knight - my age is showing lol!

Periodic Contributor

Yes!!! 😀

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Holly Knight

Periodic Contributor

You got it!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP