Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Community Manager
Community Manager

AARP Right Again! Trivia Contest 2021

Do you love trivia?  Who doesn’t? Trivia games aren’t just fun – they also test your knowledge and help you learn new things! 

In our new AARP Online Community Right Again! Trivia Contest we’re looking for the best 70’s and 80’s Pop Culture Trivia from our community members like you. We’re talking music, movies, TV, fashion, dance crazes, games … even food.  To be entered in the contest, share your ideas for questions and answers and you’ll get a chance to win one of five (5) $50 VISA gift cards along with 50 AARP Rewards Points.  A panel of judges appointed by AARP will select the top five trivia question winners, which may be selected for use in AARP’s new Right Again! Trivia game, coming soon.

Contest Details

Reply to this discussion to share your 70’s and 80’s Pop Culture trivia question. Entries are accepted from Monday, September 6 until midnight September 25, 2021. Official Rules here

AARPTeri
Contributor

Convoy

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

The _____ Shoe, with negative heel technology was introduced in New York City on April 01, 1970.

0 Kudos
Contributor

earth

Loved those shoes.  My cousin and I were discussing them just the other day.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Wasn't that the Earth Shoe? Oddly enough, it was actually invented in 1957 and the Earth Shoe Company "discovered" the older technology. Oddly enough again, someone brought it back in 2001. Hey if old stuff comes back without much fuss, maybe I can get my figure back. 😊

Contributor

Movies

Director John Hughes played what part in his famous cult classic, "The Breakfast Club"?

Answer: Brian's father ( He picks him up after detention)

0 Kudos
Contributor

Pong

0 Kudos

What was the first video played when MTV first aired in 1981?

0 Kudos
Contributor

Money for nothing … dire straits

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Video killed the radio star

Contributor

Video Killed the Radio Star

0 Kudos

Take on Me?

0 Kudos
Contributor

Video Killed the Radio Star by the Buggles.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

What U.S. secretary of agriculture resigned his cabinet post on October 4, 1976 after making a racist comment to Pat Boone and Sonny Bono aboard a commercial flight?

Periodic Contributor

Earl Butz

Periodic Contributor

Prior to becoming President, Jimmy Carter was a State Senator, DA, Investment Banker, Reality TV Star, Peanut Farmer?   During the Oil Embargo how did you qualify to purchase gasoline?  Which President in the 70"s was a nuclear engineer?

0 Kudos
Contributor

Peanut Farmer

Even / Odd license plate number

Jimmy Carter

0 Kudos
Contributor

What was the name of the product that came in popular flavors like Coca Cola, Dr. Pepper, Cherry, Strawberry made by Bonne Bell in 1973 originally developed for skiers, but later was a hit with teen girls?

Periodic Contributor

Lip balm

Contributor

chapstick

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Lip Smackers

0 Kudos

lip balm

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Conversationalist

What girl of the 1970s didn't get a plastic candy cane full of Bonne Bell lip balm? My sister and my cousins always had 'em in their stockings each Christmas.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

70's Fashion

Question:

In 1975 what piece of jewelry came out with liquid crystal display technology?

Answer:

Mood Ring 

Trusted Contributor

Contributor

I was a bit older when they were popular.  Yet my daughters had them.  

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

I did. It usually turned into an event with everyone comparing colors and even trying to change their mood to see if the ring changed color. Not junior nor high school. I was a bit older. Thanks.

Regular Contributor

The 80s sparked a shoe craze of colorful, flexible slip-ons that were made of plastic.  Name these glittery, $1 gems.

Answer:  Jellies

Silver Conversationalist

1. First restaurant opened in London in 1971. First US restaurant opened in Los Angeles in 1982.  Now a very well-known  part  of an international organization that was acquired by a Florida-based Native American tribe.  Which restaurant is it?                                                     Answer: Hard Rock Cafe            
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP