Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: need help with grand parenting

Message 1 of 2

Without knowing what you said and without knowing what prompted you saying it - you apparently regret it deeply. Your grandaughter is disappointed as well. And from your post, this seems like you need a "make up" time. 

Without the details it seems appropriate for you to be the grownup and initiate the face to face apology session in a loving way. Maybe she will understand that even grandparents make mistakes and you were maybe tired or stressed, but you didn't mean anything harsh or unloving toward her. 

Be sure to tell her you still love her and you will try hard not to say harsh things to her again. If you were disappointed in her behavior of some kind, be sure to GENTLY explain what in her behavior prompted you to say this. But do not make it sound like it's her fault.

An unresolved personal conflict can haunt the two of you for a long time. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

need help with grand parenting

Message 2 of 2

I said something to my 10 yr old grand daughter that hurt her feelings and made her cry. I am sooo ASHAMED. What can I do now? I am her Grand Dad and I adore her. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.