Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: grandchildren

Message 1 of 2

@JaneC737611wrote:

Good morning,

I am looking for advice on how I should go about seeing my grandchildren.  parents getting divorce and have become very bitter and selfish against each other and I kept quiet for fear of not being able to see grandchildren, but now that has been taken away from because of this hatred that has developed. I'm told that I can't get legal visitation rights since custody has not been determined. where should I go for help.  besides missing my grandchildren I want to make sure they are ok.

Thanks for any information

Jane

HI @JaneC737611  I am sorry for your situation.  I believe that if possible you might want to consult a family law attorney.  They should be able to advise you on your rights as a grandparent.  Sadly this is a common issue.

Some links

https://www.grandparents.com/family-and-relationships/grandparents-rights/grandparent-rights-united-...

http://family.findlaw.com/child-custody/grandparent-rights.html

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views
Replies

grandchildren

Message 2 of 2

Good morning,

I am looking for advice on how I should go about seeing my grandchildren.  parents getting divorce and have become very bitter and selfish against each other and I kept quiet for fear of not being able to see grandchildren, but now that has been taken away from because of this hatred that has developed. I'm told that I can't get legal visitation rights since custody has not been determined. where should I go for help.  besides missing my grandchildren I want to make sure they are ok.

Thanks for any information

Jane

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.