Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Would you let your grandchild choose a date for you?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Would you let your grandchild choose a date for you?

Have you ever thought of letting your grandchild choose someone for you to date?  Would you trust they would know your type?  Share your thoughts on this topic!

AARPTeri
Regular Contributor

Oh my,  this would be interesting and hilarious!!!   I am guessing that my Granddaughter would probably choose 'Barney' that purple dinosaur as a date for me. He is her absolute favorite stuffed animal and when putting her to bed, I already have to "kiss' him a good night  along with her. You know...at this early stage of life, she thinks  this animal is REAL and if she loves him I could too.....maybe marry him bring him home for her to play with....How 'bout we just leave the match making up to the adults in my case...Thanks!!

Super Contributor

It would be interesting to see their ideas of a date for me. I'm already laughing of the very thought of them doing that. LOL
0 Kudos

Yes

0 Kudos
Contributor

Yes I would let my grandchild pick a date for me.  My granddaughter knows me and knows what would make me happy.  She is a mature young lady 

0 Kudos
Contributor

Definitely not.  They don't have the same tastes as I do.

0 Kudos

Yes i do

0 Kudos

Sure  why not. I have been single 15 yrs and so far no luck.

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

ONLY after I give the grandkids a list of what I want or don't want in a man. As women get older, our hormones increase and we still want sex along with the love which is why I need a younger man to marry at least forty to say 55 and 55 is pushing the button. LOL. LIFE is cruel that way in that women get better as we age (sexually speaking) and men decline rapidly. I know from my own personal life journey that is true. May not be true for every woman, but it is for me.
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Absolutely. She is very analytic, sweet, kind, compassionate and protective of those she loves. Besides she can sniff out bad character.

0 Kudos

Absolutely!

Contributor

My grandkids are a little young,(3 &1) but I would definitely want to see them interact with a potential grandpa for them. I saw the promo for this at the Movies for Grownups screening last night and was hoping AARP actually had  something like this! If you want to find me a Candidate for a partner I m ready!  

0 Kudos

Absolutely 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP