Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Would you have a do over wedding?

Message 1 of 14

Yes on our 13th wedding anniversary we got married in the Catholic Church.  My husband was an atheist so we had a civil marriage.  I wanted to become a Eucharistic minister and the requirement was you need to be married in the church.  After the ceremony my husband liked it so much he wanted to do it every year.  Silly goose.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 14

@dc96448876 wrote:

Yes I definitely did! My husband and & were planning a wedding in 2001 (in New York)  when he lost his job right after September 11th. Five months later, a week after Valentines' day, we chose to have a private civil ceremony at city hall with a couple of family members and best friends in attendance. Ten years later we were financially more stable, we had a vow renewal celebration with a wedding ceremony and reception that all our family members and friends were able to attend. It was a blast! I'm an eternal romantic who relished the opportunity to have our family and friends share a special day with us to commemorate our love for each other.

One Aging Diva

www.butterflypublication.com

I like your blog...very positive as we 'mature', and you look fabulous!  You go girl!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 14

Yes I definitely did! My husband and & were planning a wedding in 2001 (in New York)  when he lost his job right after September 11th. Five months later, a week after Valentines' day, we chose to have a private civil ceremony at city hall with a couple of family members and best friends in attendance. Ten years later we were financially more stable, we had a vow renewal celebration with a wedding ceremony and reception that all our family members and friends were able to attend. It was a blast! I'm an eternal romantic who relished the opportunity to have our family and friends share a special day with us to commemorate our love for each other.

One Aging Diva

www.butterflypublication.com

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 14

Nope, I loved the first one and keep it in my memory, since my fantastic husband passed away three years ago.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 14

I would not.  Been married to the same person for 30 years.  We celebrate our anniversaries with travel to new places, just the two of us.  Do over weddings sound like a way for the wedding industry to make more money.  

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 14

Yes U would in fact my ex Husband did on our 5 Wedding Anniverdary; because there was people who couldn't be at our original  Wedding; especially my son. So for our Vow Renewal; he stood up as the Best Man and his wife was my brides Maid and and my Sister was my Maid of Honor; just as was for the original Wedding. It was an beautiful occassion!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 14

Yes, we were pregnant and age 15 and just turned 17. Although we had a great ceremony. We never had a honeymoon among other things like Prom, high school graduation. We have moved on gotten degrees and have been married over 39 years. But a church wedding with all the bells and whistles.... Would be wonderful

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 14

No way, Jose!

I had the most beautiful wedding On Kauai.  My parents arranged everything and it was so magical.  We enjoyed our honeymoon in a cottage on Barking  Sands.  We had sunsets and stars in the evening.  Breakfast was a vast of ocean.

I will never forget it, ii was a true treasure of unforgettable happiness!

My husband has passed on and sure wish he was here but time has passed so I'm sure he's quite busy where's he's at.

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 14

No I wouldn’t go for that.  My first marriage is still valid.  Why go through all that again?  I don’t get it.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 14

We celebrated our golden (50th) anniversary last year and to celebrate we did a renewal of vows on board the Golden Princess.  It was as nice as our original wedding except no family was with us—just some friends to share it with us.  The flowers were beautiful and the Captain officiated the service.  There was a photographer, music, and we exchanged rings again.  We had a wonderful time.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors