Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Would you have a do over wedding?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Would you have a do over wedding?

Would you re-do your I do with the same groom/bride?  Have you done this?  Share your stories with others here.  

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Contributor

Yes I definitely did! My husband and & were planning a wedding in 2001 (in New York)  when he lost his job right after September 11th. Five months later, a week after Valentines' day, we chose to have a private civil ceremony at city hall with a couple of family members and best friends in attendance. Ten years later we were financially more stable, we had a vow renewal celebration with a wedding ceremony and reception that all our family members and friends were able to attend. It was a blast! I'm an eternal romantic who relished the opportunity to have our family and friends share a special day with us to commemorate our love for each other.

One Aging Diva

www.butterflypublication.com

Social Butterfly

@dc96448876 wrote:

Yes I definitely did! My husband and & were planning a wedding in 2001 (in New York)  when he lost his job right after September 11th. Five months later, a week after Valentines' day, we chose to have a private civil ceremony at city hall with a couple of family members and best friends in attendance. Ten years later we were financially more stable, we had a vow renewal celebration with a wedding ceremony and reception that all our family members and friends were able to attend. It was a blast! I'm an eternal romantic who relished the opportunity to have our family and friends share a special day with us to commemorate our love for each other.

One Aging Diva

www.butterflypublication.com

I like your blog...very positive as we 'mature', and you look fabulous!  You go girl!

Contributor

Thank you Social Butterfly! - Side note, I happen to love butterflies. My personal website is www.butterflypublication.com. Check it out and you can view my regular blog there. Send me your info if you'd like future postings. Have a happy New Year!

Regular Contributor

Nope, I loved the first one and keep it in my memory, since my fantastic husband passed away three years ago.

I would not.  Been married to the same person for 30 years.  We celebrate our anniversaries with travel to new places, just the two of us.  Do over weddings sound like a way for the wedding industry to make more money.  

Yes U would in fact my ex Husband did on our 5 Wedding Anniverdary; because there was people who couldn't be at our original  Wedding; especially my son. So for our Vow Renewal; he stood up as the Best Man and his wife was my brides Maid and and my Sister was my Maid of Honor; just as was for the original Wedding. It was an beautiful occassion!

Regular Contributor

Yes on our 13th wedding anniversary we got married in the Catholic Church.  My husband was an atheist so we had a civil marriage.  I wanted to become a Eucharistic minister and the requirement was you need to be married in the church.  After the ceremony my husband liked it so much he wanted to do it every year.  Silly goose.

Yes, we were pregnant and age 15 and just turned 17. Although we had a great ceremony. We never had a honeymoon among other things like Prom, high school graduation. We have moved on gotten degrees and have been married over 39 years. But a church wedding with all the bells and whistles.... Would be wonderful

Conversationalist

No way, Jose!

I had the most beautiful wedding On Kauai.  My parents arranged everything and it was so magical.  We enjoyed our honeymoon in a cottage on Barking  Sands.  We had sunsets and stars in the evening.  Breakfast was a vast of ocean.

I will never forget it, ii was a true treasure of unforgettable happiness!

My husband has passed on and sure wish he was here but time has passed so I'm sure he's quite busy where's he's at.

Social Butterfly

No I wouldn’t go for that.  My first marriage is still valid.  Why go through all that again?  I don’t get it.

Regular Contributor

We celebrated our golden (50th) anniversary last year and to celebrate we did a renewal of vows on board the Golden Princess.  It was as nice as our original wedding except no family was with us—just some friends to share it with us.  The flowers were beautiful and the Captain officiated the service.  There was a photographer, music, and we exchanged rings again.  We had a wonderful time.

Contributor

Yes I would like too .. my husband and I are coming up on our 50th on Dec. 30th. Just not sure what I can do for it . The first time we were married by a clerk of the peace right before my husband went to Vietnam ( didn’t go over well with the parents) but here we are 50 years later. So i’ve been thinking about it. I have 4 girls and 8 grandkids 2 great grands and 1 great grandchild on the way . So we will see I’m sure I’ll do something even if it’s taking that 1st honeymoon 🙂

Regular Social Butterfly

rotfl cat.jpeg

Contributor

We didn't have a do over wedding; however, we recently renewed our vows on our 50th wedding anniversary.  The pastor in our church performed the ceremony with family and friends in attendance. We then had a party in our backyard.  All very happy and memorable!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP