Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Social Butterfly

Would You Rather? #2

Would you rather not take a shower/bath for a week, or not brush your teeth for a week? 

I would not forgo daily showers.  How about you?

Bronze Conversationalist

I may have changed my mind. I would brush my teeth so I could keep kissing my wife-she would just have to put a clothespin on her nose for a week.😀

Social Butterfly

Steve the @postman29 That's funny.  Did your wife have some influence  in your new answer? Now I'm finding all kinds of ways to get around both scenarios.  We've got a jump in the pool to replace showers, and flossing and mouthwash for brushing.  Makes me glad had I don't have to choose in real life.  

Community Manager
Community Manager

This would you rather question made me laugh @Rhymesometimes 😄 I would forgo the shower/bath for a week. Not brushing my teeth would make me feel dirtier than not bathing! I would use wipes/washcloths to make up for the lack of showering and keep my hair in braids.

Social Butterfly

@AARPRachelA Impressed, you got a whole plan worked out. 😃 I like the idea of hair in braids, but recently cut mine short, and the idea of seven days of unwashed short hair ugh.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Spending a week at a friend's homestead in the wilds of eastern WA answered this for me. We  had no plumbing nor electricity. Had to bring in several gallons of water for drinking, cooking, and washing. As long as I had bottled water and a washcloth I could go a week without an actual shower, but daily tooth brushing is a must.

Social Butterfly

@DeahWA Wow, you did the real deal and survived.  I still say I need my daily shower.  Maybe I could just floss, if I wasn't able to actually brush. Then finish each meal with a "nature's toothbrush" type food like apples, celery or carrots.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

I would skip the shower, but not the tooth brushing.

Social Butterfly

@wilful , Make sure to give everyone  "a wide berth"  if you decide to take that on! 😃

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

Not a shower or bath, but my pool(with its ample mix of  bacteria killing chlorine) would keep me clean.  Dental care is more important than washing off some sweat and discarded cells.  😄

Each to their own.  

Social Butterfly

@wilful Like the creative thought process.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I definitely agree- I need my daily shower to wake me up every morning! Although I would miss brushing my teeth there would have to be a lot of mouthwash used each day. You can always wear a mask to hide your teeth but you can't mask missing a shower for a week! 😀

Social Butterfly

@postman29 , Here's a toothbrush alternative for the week:

"What gently removes plaque?" said a sleuth,

"then stimulates gums," sounds so uncouth.

Increases saliva flow,

less bacteria can grow.

Apples, say studies, that's the whole tooth!

Honored Social Butterfly

I didn't take a shower for a week,

Within two days, I did reek,

I smelled somewhat like poo,

My clean wife sought someone new,

And now a stinky woman I seek.

Social Butterfly

Impressed with your rhyming tar heel,

you embraced the question with zeal.

Bad hygiene you do flout.

surely a female drought.

Even mail-order brides would squeal!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

When you smell like a pig in a poke,

It's a subject not to be treated as a joke,

I remember a teacher one day,

A fellow student she did spray,

Today, she'd be fired and broke.

This is a true story. We had a kid in the fifth grade that had terrible BO. My fifth grade teacher slowly circled the room and when she came to his desk, she sprayed him with deodorant. She would be sued, fired, and who knows what else nowadays. It is amazing that I remember that from almost 60 years ago. I just imagine how it affected the guy that was targeted by that teacher. Hell, I even remember his name all these many years.

Social Butterfly

@nctarheel That's so sad.  If only she had spoken to him in private, or better yet, contacted his parents and found out what the family situation was, could have been a compassionate and possibly positive turning point for your classmate's life.  I wonder if he is still alive, and how his life turned out.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Tough choice - both are absolute necessities for me.  But I suppose the tooth brushing is more important of the two. I do like postman29's alternative suggestion for brushing teeth, though my apples of choice (red delicious) are currently out of season.

Social Butterfly

@Mike7SoCal There's always carrots and celery that can be "nature's toothbrush."

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP