Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Social Butterfly

Would You Rather? #1

I'm sure most of you have heard of the game, "Would You Rather?"  where you pick between two situations.  Thought it might be fun in this forum. The most interesting part ( to me ) is why someone picks one situation over the other.  Willing to give it a try?

Would you rather always have to sing instead of speak, or dance everywhere you went? and why?

If you heard my singing, you would say, please please choose dancing instead! I would pick dancing.  Besides the fact that I love to dance, it would be great exercise.  Then I could sit down and have a great conversation with someone ( once I caught my breath ).  💃 ---  Christine

Regular Contributor

Love music and really like to sing so I would rather sing.

Social Butterfly

@Jerseystorm Do you have a favorite genre or specific songs you enjoy singing?

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I enjoy all genres except for rap.  

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@Jerseystorm  Me too.  So much of rap I can't even make out the words and/or if I can, is filled with derogatory or violent messages.  I'm sure there is a lot of talent with some of these singers and musicians, but just isn't enjoyable to listen or dance to.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Seeing that I have one move for fast dances I choose to sing, although I can slow dance with the best of them lol! I can't sing like I used to but I still try, which would probably mean I should stick to slow dancing! Funny how you lose your voice as you get older.

Social Butterfly

@postman29  Interesting that you and @DeahWA  share the same singing situation as you aged.  Maybe I can use that as an excuse of of my really terrible singing. Strictly for the shower and in my car alone.  Though my husband has heard me sing on occasion, but I'm usually doing it in an intentionally bad exaggerated way.   ---  Christine

Bronze Conversationalist

While I used to like singing, my voice disappeared some years ago, so I'm imagining waltzing through life. 😉

Social Butterfly

@DeahWA  Not a bad way to go through life.   ---  Christine

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

I second the dancing, for the same exercise reasons as you give. I do sing and enjoy it...but it's "Swedish Death Metal" style which can be...intimidating since I'm 6'5", generally wear leather, and have a Mohawk. 

-Mark

The medicine man at www.medicinemanplantco.com
Social Butterfly

@MarkV847771  Your singing and dancing sound like they would both be interesting to see!  ---  Christine

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

LOL! Your wish is my command. You can check out a special song I wrote (though stole the music from The Beatles) for one of the attendees of my Donut Shop at the Beginning of the World daily livestream. There's a two minute leadup to the song giving the story behind it, followed by me "singing" on my YouTube channel here:

https://youtu.be/PS65saSJKr0?t=1379 😁

-Mark

Social Butterfly

@MarkV847771 🤔 Well, listened to your custom song, so . . . ya, maybe stick with the dancing option.  But songwriting, is rhyming, so, maybe a limerick from you.  Love that you connect with family and friends daily.  Very cool!   ---  Christine

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

🤣🤣🤣

It's not just friends and family, it's open to anyone who needs an emotional boost. The show is simulcast live on my FB page, and there's a lot more chat activity on that. www.facebook.com/foragingtexas

-Mark

Social Butterfly

@MarkV847771  Thank you so much.  We could all use an emotional boost from time to time.   ---  Christine

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Bubble Shooter and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP