Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿ›’ Would YOU (or have) Pay For Other Customers' Groceries?

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ›’ Would YOU (or have) Pay For Other Customers' Groceries?

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

READ comments and/or ADD a comment.

๐Ÿ—ฃLindsay Dodgson Apr 24, 2023, 6:35 AM ET.

ARTICLE TITLE: TikToker Upset After People Refused Offer to Pay for Their Groceries.

๐Ÿ‘‰Link to online information 

Kudos
Views
Replies
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Sometimes I buy a pack of $5 gift cards for my local store and hand them out. It's fun to see the confused ( but happy ) responses.  It can really give you a psychological lift.

Trusted Social Butterfly

When I used to live much closer to an urban area (Not intended as a stereotype, just a topographical description) where population density was much higher, it was not uncommon to have people ask for a couple of bucks to get something to eat.  I didn't carry cash back then (mostly because my income was low and it was a good way to avoid impulse buys) so my standard answer was, "Sorry, can't help ya,".

There were a couple of times, however, when the person asking for money was much older than I was and I offered to take them to the local grocery store and buy them a couple of days worth of canned goods and bottled water.  One accepted, one didn't.

Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment) I have given folks the odd change when I am stuck "behind" them in the register lane and I really want to go home. As far as paying someone's entire bill, no!

Nicole ๐Ÿ™‚

0 Kudos
Contributor

I was in Walmart grocery shopping on May 14th 2020 when I received a call that my 39 year old son passed away.  Not from COVID. I was so distraught and needed to get home to my husband.  I wheeled my cart to the self-check out and asked the self-check out cashier if she could help me ring up my purchases and told her about my call.  When I went to pay for my $60.00 purchase I was told by a very kind lady behind me that my groceries were paid for and asked if I needed help to my car. I was so thankful for her great kindness.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP