Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: Where do you meet people to date?

Message 1 of 71

Thank for your kind thoughts. I realize there are no short cuts through this grieving process. Will honor my John the best ways I know how with volunteering and taking care of those around me currently quarantining. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 71

Hang in there.  Two relationship coaches gave me good advice.  First, be patient and think of this as like a job...you have to get out there and do your best. Also, love yourself to know when to hold and when to fold.

Second, have fun.  You'll enjoy this process more. Men are attracted to women who are curious, joyful and fun to be around.  I have met some nice men but truly will never be more than friends.  Have to keep in mind purpose you are doing...to have friends or find a new partner.  Be careful of getting distracted from teaching your real goal for dating.

Best wishes but there are great ones out there.  A quote that l reflect on...

"Life is like a Camera. You focus on what's important. Capture the Good Times. Develop from the Negative and if things happen or do not work out Take Another Shot."

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 71
dandee76, thank you VERY much for your inspiring, insightful, response. If not for the COVID-19 shelter in place orders, I was preparing to move and start anew. It's on a temporary hold, but I am stronger and will persevere to gain love and happiness again.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 71

I am so sorry for your loss.  I know exactly how you feel having gone through the same thing.  You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice.  Remember this:  you honor the dead by living the best way you can!  It won't be easy but just take it one day at a time.  Here in Toms River we had a tornado yesterday that scared the life out of me.  I am grateful that no damage was done to my house.  Being alone can sometimes be scary but we just put one foot in front of the other and keep going.  Remember this - you are not alone.  You will have good days and bad days but you will survive.    Faith makes all things possible, love makes all things easy and hope makes all things work.  When you are ready, join some local bowling teams and dance groups.  You will meet other people that are going through the same thing.  Remember that when you leave this earth, you

can take with you nothing that you have received; only what you have given:  a full heart, enriched by honest service, love, sacrifice and courage.  Hang in there!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 71

On 4/29/19, I responded that "timing and luck are everything." At that time, I recognized how fortunate I was to meet and marry my husband, after seven years of being a widow. Much has happened since then--Covid-19, my husband's lay-off a month ago, and then two weeks ago, my husband's sudden fatal cardiac arrest.

Although I am in a current state of shock, sorrow and frustration, I still feel how fortunate I was to have this  kind man in my life. He could play anything by ear on the piano, win at basketball or online chess, debate Marxism versus capitalism, and create a party whever he went. So much for attempting to rotate...So much for attempting to rotate...

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 71

I am 53 y.o female. I thought that I would stress that. 🙂 I, do go to church frequently.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 71

It would be nice to meet someone at church (over 55).

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 71

At the golf course have met many nice men there some have led to great rounds of golf, great dinners and terrific sex.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 71

Hello!  I met my husband through an online dating site August 2005.  We chatted online and then the phone every day for 6 months before meeting in person as he lived far away.  Long story short, he moved closer in April 2006,  and we dated until Dec 2007 when we married.  We are still going strong!

I think meeting people though dating sites on the web is fine but be careful and take your time.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 71

Meeting a friend takes work because both men and women have to be equally active in beginning a relationship. Past traditions and fear of taking risks usually make most women wait for a man to initiate contact. Keep waiting as both sides need to work together to arrange any first meeting.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Introducing jen43, one of our featured ACEs! Check out their profile and fill yours out, today!

Meet an ACE