Boycotts, Movements and Marches: Relive Some of the Events That Led to Change During the Civil Rights Movement. Read More

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: What traits do you share with your mother?

Message 11 of 14

Mum was a force to be reckoned with. An example, I remember as a child we were in the city and my Dad had just hailed a taxi. A gentleman tried to push ahead of us and got in the cab. It took everything my Dad had to hold my Mom back. Otherwise she probably would have pulled this guy right off the seat. As a meek kid it took me a long time to understand her. The older I get the more I admire her chutzpah. She was a go-getter far ahead of her time. I can do that now when faced with a difficult situation...huff up my chest and go in like a tankCat Very Happy

Report Inappropriate Content
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 12 of 14

ASTRAEA wrote:

Great topic, although my Mom passed away 13 years ago! My Mom was a bookkeeper, and very precise & detailed .. and so am I, although I became an engineer and didn't follow her in business. She was generous, but careful with her money, and I'm like that too. She was very responsible & reliable, meeting her commitments, another trait I share.

Sadly  not many.  I take after my dad's side of the family.  My mother was  a truly good generous woman.. she would help anyone  and do anything she could for anyone who asked..   I often felt that people took advantage of her and that always made me angry and protective ....  but she enjoyed being needed and helping other.   I miss her very much : )

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 13 of 14

Great topic, although my Mom passed away 13 years ago! My Mom was a bookkeeper, and very precise & detailed .. and so am I, although I became an engineer and didn't follow her in business. She was generous, but careful with her money, and I'm like that too. She was very responsible & reliable, meeting her commitments, another trait I share.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Highlighted
Community Manager

What traits do you share with your mother?

Message 14 of 14

Mother's Day is fast approaching.  What are some traits that you recognize you received from your mom?  

AARPTeri