Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What's your favorite dog breed?

Message 1 of 233

@PhyllisD478560   I hope he feels better too!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 233

Two of my favorite breeds.  Boxers and pitbulls.  My pitbull was raised by my boxer.  He is a sweetheart.  I hope your boy is feeling better soon.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 233
I now have a boxer / pit . He is so gentle and sweet . He acts more like a boxer then a pit . He was a rescue. Right now he is very sick . Hope he gets better soon .
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 233

Jack Russell Terrier

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 233

@RescuePets   What a lovely post.   I agree 100%.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 233

Hi all, first post in AARP

I did not have a dog growing up but much later over a 20 year period I had 7 greyhounds, usually 2 at a time, all rescued from the track.  They are the most loving, affectionate 45mph couch potatoes!  I became a "greyhound person". I currently have a 28lb. small dog from the local shelter who, to my amazement, has worked her way into my heart as if she were a greyhound, who knew?  We've done so much together, going to restaurants and other events, lots of training - first she got her Canine Good Citizen, then her Urban Canine Good Citizen then passed the Therapy Dog Int'l testing, then came in 2nd in an obedience trial where she was the ONLY mixed breed (come on people, what the heck?) dog etc.  She is older now, her 100% red coat is turning white but she still has a lot of spring in her step.  MY FAVORITE DOG BREED IS THE ONE THAT NEEDS ME THE MOST.  Animals are not disposable like a paper plate.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 233
Yes I also had one as a child . Our last boxer was a rescue .My husband never had boxers .I had told him about the one I had as child . So when we were able to get the boxer .He said ok if you want him we will try him out .Well after just 3 days he was in love with him .And in about 2 weeks the boxer that was to be mine , ended up being his . Dog loved him so much .He said I have never had a dog that gave so much love . There were always together .we took the dog to Alaska ,and into Canada.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 233
I have always wanted a Bullmastiff .All the ones I have come in contact with have been gentle giants .
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 233

I'm with you on boxers.  They are the breed of my heart.  I've had them since I was a child.  At one time we had 6 in our house.  Unfortunately, I lost my last boxer, a female in 2012 and my male in 2010.  I now have a 7 year old pitbull who I got when he was 8 weeks old and he was raised by my female boxer.  He acts like a boxer.  I often say he is a boxer in a pitbull disguise,

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Periodic Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 233

Love .Love Boxers . I now have a boxer / pit bull . That is a rescue. Has turned out to be a very good dog for me .

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Introducing jen43, one of our featured ACEs! Check out their profile and fill yours out, today!

Meet an ACE