Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Community Manager
Community Manager

What's your favorite dog breed?

I have always thought a German Shepard was so smart and strong.  But really have a hard time picking a favorite breed, especially now that I have a mixed dog.  Do you have a favorite?

AARPTeri
Recognized Social Butterfly

What a face on the general. He looks so loved. Also ready to answer any questions you may have.

Contributor

Miniture Schnauzer :  

I have a salt and pepper male, he is such a sweetheart , so loyal and smart as a whip but can be very stubborn too.  Very comical at times and I love him so much...

Contributor

My daughter got a Miniture Schnauzer and she named him Urijha. He has been the best fur baby ever. I have a Maltesse named Baby. We adopter her from a friend and she's old but happy and she's my best little buddy. If I ever get another dod it will be a Great Dane. I spent three months with my brother and his family and Ginger would sneak in my room and sleep right next to me. This was great because my room was the bonus room above the garage and she kept me warm. This was a difficult time in my life and it's like Ginger new. She passed away a few years ago and I still have the picture of her laying on her side of the bed. Yep a Great Dane, much bigger than the others but for protection and comfort, if they are trained well great inside dogs believe it or not.Ginger.jpgginger2.jpg
baby giving me kisses.jpgMe and my Baby giving kisses.

What GREAT PICTURES OF YOUR FUR BABIES. NANCY

Regular Contributor

I researched before I got my guy...he is almost 15.  He is a Rat Terrier. It's a terrible breed name but the smartest, most loving, and loyal breed!  

@AARPTeri wrote:

I have always thought a German Shepard was so smart and strong.  But really have a hard time picking a favorite breed, especially now that I have a mixed dog.  Do you have a favorite?

~SL
Contributor

My one and only best ever pet...lived to be 13 yo.  Was there for me through so much pain and 💓 ache.... 

My Isabella.... Forever more...m

Yes Yorkies are Great'

My girlfriend had a male Yorkie named Max. He lived for 15 years bringing joy and love to all every day. Pets can be such a joy to our ever challenging lives. Paw huges to you

Contributor

Definitely the full size dachshund: I have two! Also have dachshund/lab mix who looks and acts like a perpetual lab puppy! Lastly, have a beautiful small tri-color Pembroke welsh corgi who absolutely loves people but hates storms and fireworks! We are so blessed to have them all!!

Periodic Contributor

Chip the Chihuahua is our favorite. Thanks

I had a Jack Russell Terrier who was the clown in my life.  It was his mission to make people smile.  I know have a rescue (Jack Russell/Beagle mix) who shows her Jack Russell side.  She's the class clown and loves to be center of attention.  I love the breed for their child like qualities and their devotion to their human companions.

I have had dogs all my life but the last one was a really mild and mellow Jack Russell, the sweetest dog I've ever owned. When we put him down the kind vet said i would never find another like him. It tore me up for years after he was gone, I miss him so!!!

My girlfriend started rescuing Italian Greyhounds and greyhounds about a year ago. These dogs are so sweet. I.can't believe that a breed of dog is unfamiliar with grass is nuts. But these rescues are differently afraid of grass. I have learned that greyhounds live a very hard life if they or track dogs. Greyhounds with a little time and effort, can play on grass and climb stairs.They are a great breed, and the love to eexercise.

My girlfriend had a Jack Russell Terrier. A friend to.the end. CODI, WAS ALWAYS ON AALERT, AS HER OWNER , IS DEAF. JACK RUSSELLS MAKE THE BEST ALARM SYSTEMS

All the puppies that play PUPPY BOWL, on aAnimal Planet. Right before the Supper Bowl. I.laugh every year while preparing food for my guests.

Yorkie, poodle and crestabo.

@n566192l wrote:

Yorkie, poodle and crestabo.

..          Another great breed is 

....          the PITBULL

Dauchsund

Spoiler
Yorkies and Weimaraner
Periodic Contributor

Chip is our Chihuahua and is a real joy. 

Contributor

I LOVE Dogs! Pretty much all dogs, although for me, any breed small, cute and snuggly. I had a malti-poo for 14 years who died a little over a year ago.  In January I got a mal-shi-poo puppy. She barely weighed over a lb when I got her. She now weighs 5 lbs and is done growing. We made an instant bond. She's definitely a momma's girl, and she's the softest, snuggliest little thing EVER.RumorRumor

RUMOR IS A GREAT LOOKING PUP!#. SO SO CUTE

Trusted Contributor

It is a tie for me, my pug Ollie is the most laid back, sweet and kind guy ever and his Maltese brother Sneeky Pete is, well, sneaky 😉

I love lots of breeds. I guess my favorite eould be Labradors  cuz I  grew up with them. They are great with kids & have a nice temperament.  My most favorite pet though would be my last dog "Precious" a 5# Yorkie. She was a very loyal friend and went with me everywhere! I miss her still

Regular Contributor

I love Great Danes.  Wonderful dispositions, funny, very loyal and protective, and just fun to be around.  Regrettably, their life spans are relatively short, but they pack a lot of life into their time on Earth.

Contributor

Rough-coated collies. 

Periodic Contributor

I don't believe in pets; I think real respect to animals is to leave them in the wild. I do think police, farmers, and the blind need the help of a dog, but to neuter an animal or keep it in your four walls is as bad as a trophy dead animal up on the wall you shot. I will even accept this (having a pet)if it prevents loneliness, so I am aware people get attached to their pet and would miss the animal, but then no more. I also understand most pet owners are good to the animal thank God, but my sense of freedom for peoples extends to animals. Your need does not take priority over the animal's need for freedom to be what it is. I understand our eating of animals and I don't have a clear view on vegetarianism---but trophies and pets I think will look strange to people off in the future looking back at us. It bothers me that there are pets in homes and homeless people on the street...not a perfect world is it?

Social Butterfly

Really? You think it would be better for domesticated cats and dogs to have to fend for themselves on the streets?

Periodic Contributor

Rat terrier.

i had two and found they are  faithful and lovable and very protective of the owner .

Periodic Contributor

Chinese Crested.  They are intelligent, beautiful, sweet, loyal--everything I could possibly ask for in a dog.  

Contributor

Black Russian Terriers.

Beautiful, loyal, smart, protective, funny and big!  Love um!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP