Community Manager
Community Manager

What's your favorite dog breed?

I have always thought a German Shepard was so smart and strong.  But really have a hard time picking a favorite breed, especially now that I have a mixed dog.  Do you have a favorite?

AARPTeri
Contributor

Definitely the full size dachshund: I have two! Also have dachshund/lab mix who looks and acts like a perpetual lab puppy! Lastly, have a beautiful small tri-color Pembroke welsh corgi who absolutely loves people but hates storms and fireworks! We are so blessed to have them all!!

Periodic Contributor

Chip the Chihuahua is our favorite. Thanks

I had a Jack Russell Terrier who was the clown in my life.  It was his mission to make people smile.  I know have a rescue (Jack Russell/Beagle mix) who shows her Jack Russell side.  She's the class clown and loves to be center of attention.  I love the breed for their child like qualities and their devotion to their human companions.

I have had dogs all my life but the last one was a really mild and mellow Jack Russell, the sweetest dog I've ever owned. When we put him down the kind vet said i would never find another like him. It tore me up for years after he was gone, I miss him so!!!
Recognized Social Butterfly

My girlfriend started rescuing Italian Greyhounds and greyhounds about a year ago. These dogs are so sweet. I.can't believe that a breed of dog is unfamiliar with grass is nuts. But these rescues are differently afraid of grass. I have learned that greyhounds live a very hard life if they or track dogs. Greyhounds with a little time and effort, can play on grass and climb stairs.They are a great breed, and the love to eexercise.

My girlfriend had a Jack Russell Terrier. A friend to.the end. CODI, WAS ALWAYS ON AALERT, AS HER OWNER , IS DEAF. JACK RUSSELLS MAKE THE BEST ALARM SYSTEMS

All the puppies that play PUPPY BOWL, on aAnimal Planet. Right before the Supper Bowl. I.laugh every year while preparing food for my guests.

Yorkie, poodle and crestabo.

@n566192l wrote:

Yorkie, poodle and crestabo.

..          Another great breed is 

....          the PITBULL

Dauchsund

Spoiler
Yorkies and Weimaraner
0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Chip is our Chihuahua and is a real joy. 

Contributor

I LOVE Dogs! Pretty much all dogs, although for me, any breed small, cute and snuggly. I had a malti-poo for 14 years who died a little over a year ago.  In January I got a mal-shi-poo puppy. She barely weighed over a lb when I got her. She now weighs 5 lbs and is done growing. We made an instant bond. She's definitely a momma's girl, and she's the softest, snuggliest little thing EVER.RumorRumor

RUMOR IS A GREAT LOOKING PUP!#. SO SO CUTE

Trusted Contributor

It is a tie for me, my pug Ollie is the most laid back, sweet and kind guy ever and his Maltese brother Sneeky Pete is, well, sneaky 😉

I love lots of breeds. I guess my favorite eould be Labradors  cuz I  grew up with them. They are great with kids & have a nice temperament.  My most favorite pet though would be my last dog "Precious" a 5# Yorkie. She was a very loyal friend and went with me everywhere! I miss her still

Regular Contributor

I love Great Danes.  Wonderful dispositions, funny, very loyal and protective, and just fun to be around.  Regrettably, their life spans are relatively short, but they pack a lot of life into their time on Earth.

Contributor

Rough-coated collies. 

Periodic Contributor

I don't believe in pets; I think real respect to animals is to leave them in the wild. I do think police, farmers, and the blind need the help of a dog, but to neuter an animal or keep it in your four walls is as bad as a trophy dead animal up on the wall you shot. I will even accept this (having a pet)if it prevents loneliness, so I am aware people get attached to their pet and would miss the animal, but then no more. I also understand most pet owners are good to the animal thank God, but my sense of freedom for peoples extends to animals. Your need does not take priority over the animal's need for freedom to be what it is. I understand our eating of animals and I don't have a clear view on vegetarianism---but trophies and pets I think will look strange to people off in the future looking back at us. It bothers me that there are pets in homes and homeless people on the street...not a perfect world is it?

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Really? You think it would be better for domesticated cats and dogs to have to fend for themselves on the streets?

Periodic Contributor

Rat terrier.

i had two and found they are  faithful and lovable and very protective of the owner .

Periodic Contributor

Chinese Crested.  They are intelligent, beautiful, sweet, loyal--everything I could possibly ask for in a dog.  

Contributor

Black Russian Terriers.

Beautiful, loyal, smart, protective, funny and big!  Love um!

Trusted Contributor

A friend of mine from work raised Irish Wolf Hounds.  We would meet on Saturdays to play with, start training and to socialize the pups.  I had so much fun with these wonderful dogs.  The adult dogs were absolutely sure they were lap dogs and I have some wonderful photos showing me 5ft 2 with two or three monsterous lap dogs on a sofa.  If I had a really large backyard I would own an Irish Wolf Hound.  I do have a Llhasa Apso which is a wonderful, happy little dog who is a joy every day.

Periodic Contributor

Dachshund

Contributor

My favorite breed is Miniature Pinchers. I have had 7 of them. Miniature Pinchers are steadfast companions, entertainers, comforters and best friends. I would not have changed any of them. They are very loyal to their owners.

Contributor

We have a mini pin as well.  He is our favorite dog of all of them.  He is smart, loyal, friendly and has OCD which makes him hilarious.

Contributor

My dog of choice is Pomeranian.  I have had 4 (currently 2).  They are so smart and loving.

Periodic Contributor

Rat terrier-they are very sweet, loyal , good company. I am in the process of looking for a new one. I live in Langley Wa.

Contributor

I love my Pitbull Jaxx. He was given to me as a puppy by my nephew. He is the most lovable and loyal dog. They have been given such a bad representation, but it is all with the owner. Jaxx is friendly to those who present good energy and protective to those without.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements
Introduce yourself and connect with others on similar interests, experiences and needs.
AARP Games

Throw it back and play Atari's Missile Command. Grab your arsenal to neutralize your enemy and protect your cities from a missile attack. You got this!

AARP Games Atari Missile Command

Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.

Music and Brain Health

Let Us Work for You

AARP is your trusted friend and fierce defender. Membership unlocks powerful benefits to help you in your life. Join today for just $12 per year with Automatic Renewal.

AARP Membership