Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What's Your Favorite Family Trip?

Social Butterfly

What's Your Favorite Family Trip?

From the ages of 5 or 6 through my early teens, my family went to Donner Lake in North Eastern California 20 miles from Lake Tahoe.  We camped, hiked, swam, fished, told stories around the campfire and played card games.  So fun!   

For my kids, they loved The Arches National Park in Southern Utah.  Fantastic beautiful hiking. Of  course Disneyland and Disneyworld Made the cut too! ---  Christine

Bronze Conversationalist

My parents took us on road trips every summer when we were young, and by the time I turned 12 they had settled on going to the YMCA of the Rockies in Estes Park Colorado every summer, first for a month, then the whole summer. There were lots of activities and day camp groups for kids, making it lots of fun. Estes remained my favorite vacay spot until recently when it got way over populated with tourists.

I'm currently looking for a good place to enjoy as a senior. I can do without screaming crying kids and drunk self-impressed 30-somethings. Maybe a nudist colony..... LOL

Social Butterfly

Deah, So funny.  I'll restrict my nudity, sags, bags, wrinkles, stretch marks ( thx kids! ) to my own home.  There's definitely limerick material.  I mean, . . . come on, sags/bags.  Will work on it.   ---  Christine

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@DeahWA  Now that would be interesting!   ---  Christine

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I don't know if I could actually do it, but it sure would be a late in life adventure. It would have to be one restricted to saggy baggy wrinkly seniors before I'd be comfortable. LOL

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I'd have to say our favorite family trip with our kids was Disney World. My parents took me when I was a teen in the mid 70's so it was great for my wife and I to take our kids there in the late 90's. The best trip we took with my parents was to Vegas the year before my mom passed away in 2006. I will never forget it. My wife and I also loved going to her parents' former home on a lake in northern NH, where we could unwind on weekends. It was so peaceful and beautiful. We miss those days.🌲🌲

Bronze Conversationalist

When we took our trip,

it was not by a ship, 

It was not by a car, 

it was not very far, 

our yard was where we could sip!

Social Butterfly

Steve the @postman29 ,  

My limerick has begun,

now I have to rhyme and pun.

Agree complete, about a lake,

for vacation, never a mistake.

Postman, your poem well done.

Looking into some opportunities to enter limerick contests on-line.   ---  Christine the limericker

Honored Social Butterfly

Hawaii! Hands down, all trips have been fun, pleasant, and relaxing. 
And sometimes a nice 3 day weekend at home is great. 

Social Butterfly

@williamb39198 Yep.  Staycations, all the rage.   ---  Christine

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP