Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What does your fashion statement say?

Community Manager
Community Manager

What does your fashion statement say?

Do you have a particular fashion statement?  Bold lipstick?  Scarves?  Vintage items?  This is a great story on how some women shared their style tips:

https://www.aarp.org/disrupt-aging/stories/solutions/info-2018/fashion-tips-photo.html

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

No. I don’t have any great style. I want to be Accidental Icon when I grow up. She’s fabulous.

https://www.accidentalicon.com/creating/

Retired Community Manager

@ManicProgressive, agree, she's amazing!

@ManicProgressive wrote:

No. I don’t have any great style. I want to be Accidental Icon when I grow up. She’s fabulous.

https://www.accidentalicon.com/creating/

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

My fashion statement probably says that I care about how I look, and am not into trends.

Living in SoCal I wear shorts for most of the year, and coordinate with bright colors such as bold reds, oranges, greens or tourqoise. I like mixing textures, and love cotton sweaters! I have double ear peircings and always have earrings on, because I feel so plain and kind of naked without them. Back in the day I loved large hoops but now I favor small hoops and seldom mix silver and gold. 

I usually wear walking shoes, sandals but only occasionally heels as they aren't comfortable any more.

Sir Granny Tracy
0 Kudos
Contributor

I always wear a newsboy's cap with a generous crown which I puff up with paper and I wear a bracelet.  I dress in well-fitting sports clothes which are either well-cordinated or interestingly contrasted.  I've never followed fashion.  When I worked, I wore vintage clothes at times to work.  Someone said "you wear used clothes" with disbelief, but when she saw my outfits she complimented me.  I dress with my figure type in mind.  Putting together outfits is fun for me.  I used to design women's fashions when I was a kid.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Aviator sunglasses, Casio G Shock watch, black Converse high tops, Lee jeans, and white crew neck T-shirt is me!

0 Kudos
Super Contributor

I always wear oval gold hoop earrings and a fashion watch with a bold colored leather strap and large face.  I love the look of it, and it's so easy to tell time!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I always wear a tinted sunscreen, and a pair of earrings, mostly tennis shoes.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I always wear earrings and bracelets, it doesn't matter if I am dressed for an elegant event or in my jeans, sneakers and a t-shirt.  I just don't feel "dressed" without them; the choice of these pieces let's me express who I am.

0 Kudos

I also always wear earrings and bracelets whenever I go out of the house.  Also lipstick even with no other make-up.  I am interested in seeing what the fashion statement is for this.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP