Community Manager
Community Manager

What does your fashion statement say?

Do you have a particular fashion statement?  Bold lipstick?  Scarves?  Vintage items?  This is a great story on how some women shared their style tips:

https://www.aarp.org/disrupt-aging/stories/solutions/info-2018/fashion-tips-photo.html

AARPTeri
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

No. I don’t have any great style. I want to be Accidental Icon when I grow up. She’s fabulous.

https://www.accidentalicon.com/creating/

Community Manager
Community Manager

@ManicProgressive, agree, she's amazing!

@ManicProgressive wrote:

No. I don’t have any great style. I want to be Accidental Icon when I grow up. She’s fabulous.

https://www.accidentalicon.com/creating/

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

My fashion statement probably says that I care about how I look, and am not into trends.

Living in SoCal I wear shorts for most of the year, and coordinate with bright colors such as bold reds, oranges, greens or tourqoise. I like mixing textures, and love cotton sweaters! I have double ear peircings and always have earrings on, because I feel so plain and kind of naked without them. Back in the day I loved large hoops but now I favor small hoops and seldom mix silver and gold. 

I usually wear walking shoes, sandals but only occasionally heels as they aren't comfortable any more.

Sir Granny Tracy
0 Kudos
Contributor

I always wear a newsboy's cap with a generous crown which I puff up with paper and I wear a bracelet.  I dress in well-fitting sports clothes which are either well-cordinated or interestingly contrasted.  I've never followed fashion.  When I worked, I wore vintage clothes at times to work.  Someone said "you wear used clothes" with disbelief, but when she saw my outfits she complimented me.  I dress with my figure type in mind.  Putting together outfits is fun for me.  I used to design women's fashions when I was a kid.

0 Kudos
Gold Conversationalist

Aviator sunglasses, Casio G Shock watch, black Converse high tops, Lee jeans, and white crew neck T-shirt is me!

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I always wear oval gold hoop earrings and a fashion watch with a bold colored leather strap and large face.  I love the look of it, and it's so easy to tell time!

0 Kudos
Contributor

I always wear a tinted sunscreen, and a pair of earrings, mostly tennis shoes.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I always wear earrings and bracelets, it doesn't matter if I am dressed for an elegant event or in my jeans, sneakers and a t-shirt.  I just don't feel "dressed" without them; the choice of these pieces let's me express who I am.

0 Kudos

I also always wear earrings and bracelets whenever I go out of the house.  Also lipstick even with no other make-up.  I am interested in seeing what the fashion statement is for this.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Virtual Community Center 

Offering a wide variety of FREE interactive, online events and classes designed for learning, self-improvement, and fun. Learn More

Members Can Get Financial Help

Get help with student loan repayment & forgiveness. Join AARP today for just $12 per year with Automatic Renewal.

AARP Membership

AARP Rewards

Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts. Get started with AARP Rewards now!

AARP Rewards Badge

Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.

Music and Brain Health