Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 1 of 30

Wow that's a wonderful story! I was diagnosed with Crohn's at age 13 but suffered with it in school. After having surgery at age 16 it never returned. I know how lucky I am. I am truly inspired by your persevereance of your education! Wow! Getting your PhD is an amazing accomplishment. And so great for your brain to keep studying and learning!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 30

I totally get it.   Used to teach piano as well as dance.  Have thought of offering adult lessons.  I should check out your books.  Thanks for mentioning them.

Working with others and sharing our love of the arts is so rewarding isn't it?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 30

I hope to be remembered for the piano instruction books for mature adults I have written, called Upper Hands Piano. I spent many years researching how older adults best learn and retain musical information and writing the books, and I'd like to think that the books will help people to learn how to play the piano well after I'm gone. Also I hope that my students will remember me as someone who really cared about them and their piano aspirations. I've been so lucky to live a musical life!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 30
Hey - MAKE IT HAPPEN! You've done so much that it's a shame to quite now. The sky's the limit, so reach for it! From what you wrote about all the things you've done, I know you'll succeed in anything you want to do.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 30

As I read through the replies here I think that this has been a good exercise for us all.  It has made us realize that each and everyone of us were put on earth for a special reason.   Each and everyone of us has made a difference in some way - in the lives of others.  And because of this exercise, we have voiced (to ourselves) as well as others, that our lives have counted.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 30

I think you should change this from "never satisfied" to "never gave up and always worked to make the world a better place".   What a strong, determined person you were and are.   What a great example of showing what one can accomplish if they persevere.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 30
I'd say you've accomplished a lot!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 30

I hope I am remembered as a person who cares.  While I never married or had children, I have always tried to be there for my family and friends.  I have helped my brothers through some tough times financially and most important of all, emotionally. I volunteer in my community.  I wish I could do more.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 30

I would like to be remembered as being never satisfied and having the strength of a 1,000,000+ horses. Im sure I have accomplished some things but it pales in comparison to the things I never accomplished because I don't toot my own horn. I grew up in the 60s when being black automatically meant zillions of obstacles. So I am going to take this moment to list a few obstacles I have jumped over, under and went around. I finished college with a BA in Urban Teacher Education because I was one of the affirmative action recepients, first in my family to finsh. 15+ years later, I went back and finished another degree, a BA in pre-law. I fought from the time I was a teenager any racism and bigotry I was subjected to; which in and of itself takes strength from the depths of your soul. I was a pom pom girl on an all white squad, I walked 26 miles for hunger in an all white neighborhood, I walked in stores that didn't want blacks in them and I have lived in neighborhoods where I was the only black. This is off the top of my head. BUT, I am not satisfied that I didn't go to law school and I never owned a home, only went on one out of the US trip, didn't apply my degree to anything useful because I was blocked and overlooked and I wanted more accomplishments in my life. So, I am never satisfied and didn't  accomplish what I want.....probably won't happen but none the less...I tried.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 30

For being a kind and loving person 

Kudos
Views