Refresh your driving skills and learn about new car technology with the AARP Driver Safety page.

Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: What are your plans for the 4th of July?

Message 1 of 13

I’m grand Marshall of the local July 4th parade and will be reciting the Dec of Independence at the community picnic.  After dark I’ll be heading up the fireworks display that will rival any other city's display.  Then it will be off to the pub for a couple brewskis before retiring for the night.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 13

I make my living booking hotels for independent insurance adjusters working for any adjusting co. all over the US.  It is 24/7, so I worked.  Living in SW Florida, there are monsoons every afternoon, so there was a real strong lightning/thunder storm mid-afternoon and still sprinkling into the evening.  I'm grateful to be an American living in the greatest country on earth! -Dana

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 13

Early this morning, before the heat hit, hubby and I walked down the easement and hung an American flag on our mailbox, which is next to the paved road.  Then we walked/ran about 2 miles and picked up cans and bottles that others had thrown along the  sides of the road.  We'll eventually take them to the recycle place.  Then fed chickens and goats, watered vegetable garden, etc., and picked zucchini and yellow crook neck squash before they got too big for me to carry!  Later my husband and I will watch the fireworks from the front porch and keep our dogs company so the noise doesn't scare them.  We're not sure if our newest adoptee, a large 7 year old German Shepherd, has been exposed to them before, so we want to be with him and our older dog when the noise starts.  Happy Fourth of July to all.  May our country have many more that we can honestly call "Independence Day"!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 13

Well, 

I can tell you my plans for today does not include climbing up the Statue of Liberty.  Some lady is right now

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 13

I just want to say thank you for your service. I don't  like fireworks either, I'm like you I know that they are to loud and they smell bad. I wish that they never sold fire crackers or anything else that goes BOOM!! It's hard to sleep when they're going off every nite, I have to get up at 3a.m. to go to work at 4a.m. not much sleep for the next week or so. Not happy at all.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 13

I agree with you, I don't care for people who insist on using illegal fireworks. For one they are loud and scare me that I need to run to the bathroom. Second the local police are to slow when I call to report  the illegal firework activity, why is that? I know who is doing it and I give that information to the police but sometimes they don't eve show up. What's with that? One of these days someone is going to get seriously hurt or even die from these fireworks I hate to see that happen but what more can I do? Why even sell fireworks in the first place.

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 13

I will go to a deserted part of the beach at dusk and give thanks for living in the greatest country in the world. I will also give thanks for all the young boys and girls who are in the military,police and firefighters who protect and keep me safe ! 

Happy Birthday America,

Phineas J. Whoopie

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 13

I took the 🐶 to a parade in Ocean Grove, NJ. The dogs showed off their tricks and made some new friends. We where invited to a BBQ later,  have to see about the heat.  We may just stay in the AC.  Nancy 

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 13

We've never been very fond of fireworks (dislike both the loudness and smell rather than the pretty part) so have never bothered to go to a fireworks show. Instead we do what we did this morning: go out and exercise together, enjoying the coolness of morning. Now we are about to enjoy shish-kabob and corn on the cob followed up with a sliver of cheesecake and a movie. Perfecto. :0)

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 13

I'm staying home to protect my house and dogs from the crazies that insist it is their right to use illegal fireworks.

Kudos
Views