Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What are your girls' getaways like?

Retired Community Manager

What are your girls' getaways like?

Do you have a tradition of going away with gal pals like in the movie Wine Country? If so, tell us about it:

Where do you go? For how long?

What do you do?

How long have you been doing this?

Why are these trips important to you? How have they changed your relationships?

0 Kudos
Contributor

My friends from school still have a monthly lunch.....when one had to move out of state, we decided on an interisland cruise (we live in Hawaii) so we played tourist for a week.  Memorable.  

Now when we meet for lunch, we video chat a bit.  We are all of 76.

0 Kudos
Contributor

Hi, I get together with other retired teachers in TX every year for a couple of nights. We have been to Fredericksburg, San Antonio, Wimberly and this past April stayed at Heart of Texas lake resort. We had a great time catching up and really enjoyed Perissos winery practically next door to resort. We rented a house for 8, split the cost and meals so very affordable.

Contributor

I am very close to my sisters but we all live in different states (Florida, California and New Jersey).  We get together with our families maybe once a year but left little time for "us" time.  We changed that.  We now go on a "sisters' retreat", a 5-day extravaganza every year without our families.  The criteria is we pick a destination that none of us have ever been to, it has to include a spa treatment and we don't discuss problems or issues.  It's to enjoy each other's company and eat, drink and laugh continuously.  We have been to Santa Fe (one sister wanted to see the Georgia O'Keefe museum), Austin (had a blast at the Broken Spoke where us city slickers did country dancing among the cowboys/cowgirls), Nashville (we loved the Johnny Cash museum, the Arrington winery and the Jack Daniels distillery tour we were told not to miss).  Future destinations will include Toronto, the Florida Keys (ok, I've been there but my sisters haven't), and a mini Carribean cruise. Our sisters' memories we are creating are priceless and will last us our entire lives.

Contributor

We call ourselves the Gal Pals and have been meeting for a long weekend for the past 19 years.  Long story short, we all attended a camp in the Pocono's back in the 60's, some as campers, some as counselors and the oldest was our riding instructor.  These 5 other girls know me better than anyone and love me just the way I am.  Out of the six, 2 were teachers, since retired, one is a professional photographer, one studied to be a nurse and the other was fortunate enough to be a stay at home mom but is now starting her own business and I myself am still working but hope to retire in January 2020.  The food, the laughs, and just the love between us is still going strong and they are my life long sisters from another mother...they are a fantastic bunch and when I return home I am a better person for having made the trip...friendship is everything to me and I am proud to be known as a Gal Pal...

Contributor

What are your girl's getaways like? Shopping in San Francisco is always fun, the Golden Gate Park, Zoo...etc.

How long have you been doing this? Several years, unless it is suggested to go where new. We went to San Diego this year.

Why are these trips important to you? How have they changed your relationships?

Time to relax and just have fun. Chat and discover new things about each other.

Contributor

Can someone tell me about Tybee Islands, looking for a rental for a girlfriend getaway. thanks, Dorothy.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP