Community Manager
Community Manager

What are you reading?

Does anyone have any good book recommendations? I'm finishing up "The Testaments" by Margaret Atwood. I highly recommend it, but now I'm looking for new suggestions.

Thanks!

Rachel

P.S. I saw this post on AARP.org recently. It has some recommendations for new books. Check it out: https://www.aarp.org/entertainment/books/info-2020/spring-books-preview.html?cmp=EMC-DSO-NLC-WBLTR--...

Bronze Conversationalist

@AARPRachelA , Just finished David and Goliath by Malcolm Gladwell.  Love his stuff;  he really makes you think!  Christine

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Well, I'm late to this party, and reading everything Diana Gabaldon has written (Outlander series and more). She has a new book coming out around thanksgiving 2021 too!

Also reading a few historical novels from Beverly Jenkins and a number of books on Smashwords where downloads are especially inexpensive and offer a wide variety of genres.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I've been reading some great new novels featuring older adults. Most recently The Love Story of Missy Charmichael, and currently Mornings With Rosemary. Both are really good books, intelligent and filled with the wisdom and concerns of mature adults. Check out my book reviews for older adults on RipeReads.net! 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

More in line with health, I've just read:

1. Dodging Energy Vampires by Dr. Christiane Northrup

2. The Empath's Survival Guide by Dr. Judith Orloff

I highly recommend them both to shed light on your business and personal relationships.

MsNYC62
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@AARPRachelA wrote:

Does anyone have any good book recommendations? I'm finishing up "The Testaments" by Margaret Atwood. I highly recommend it, but now I'm looking for new suggestions.

Thanks!

Rachel

P.S. I saw this post on AARP.org recently. It has some recommendations for new books. Check it out: https://www.aarp.org/entertainment/books/info-2020/spring-books-preview.html?cmp=EMC-DSO-NLC-WBLTR--...

If you like Margaret Atwood I suggest Isabel Allende.

Daughter of Fortune followed by Portrait in Sepia.

Honored Social Butterfly

I'm re-reading the Arab Table. It's a cookbook, but has stories related to the different recipes, and how they differ as you travel through the Middle East.

My husband is Arab, and I love the peek into his culinary culture..

The Arab Table: Recipes and Culinary Traditions https://www.amazon.com/dp/0060586141/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_WoPIEb1JZ5YJ1

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Virtual Community Center 

Offering a wide variety of FREE interactive, online events and classes designed for learning, self-improvement, and fun. Learn More

Members Can Get Financial Help

Get help with student loan repayment & forgiveness. Join AARP today for just $12 per year with Automatic Renewal.

AARP Membership

AARP Rewards

Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts. Get started with AARP Rewards now!

AARP Rewards Badge

Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.

Music and Brain Health