Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What are you doing for Labor Day this year?

Community Manager
Community Manager

What are you doing for Labor Day this year?

Labor Day is the official end of summer to many. What do you do on this long weekend?

AARPTeri
Periodic Contributor

I have spent the last three days volunteering at the 104th Sonoita Rodeo in Sonoita, Arizona promoting the Historic Empire Ranch and our upcoming events, the Movie โ€œOklahomaโ€ being shown at the Loft Theatre in Tucson, Arizona and then our fundraiser The Cowboy Festival that is held at the 143 year old Ranch on November 2nd.  It was fun talking to the people about the ranch and telling them about our events.

Contributor

Waiting out Hurricane Dorian in my "fortress" with the dog. Supposed to get hurricane force winds and rain sometime today. Live in Port St Lucie where it was supposed to hit landfall before it started moving north.

Contributor

Sending Prayers

Contributor

Stay inside and play with my cars and trucks.  This is alot of fun to do and I really enjoy playing with them.  I also might play with my dogs and chase them around the house and throw the ball for them.  This is also alot of fun.  Have a good day

Trusted Contributor

We may be going to Tony's place to see if we has the events in store!

Periodic Contributor

September 2, 2019

My name is Gina Brun. I am currently alone inside my apartment and I do not plan to leave my apartment today, Labor Day. I did not converse with any individual via text message, cellphone and landline

Regular Contributor

That sounds really sad, I hope it's what you wanted to do! I went to the gym, talked to some of my workout buddies, fixed up a nice dinner at home with my sister, she had her hair done, at home by one of her friends who is an hairstylist, and now just hanging out relaxing. Nice day. 

Contributor

Attending Canstatter Volkfest I NE Philadelphia. Great food and drinks. German music.

Bronze Conversationalist

We found a notice on our gate today from the CA Dept of Food and Agriculture saying that they're testing all local chickens for Newcastle Disease.  Therefore, I'll be giving my chicken coop, which is very large, an extra cleaning so it looks good for the inspectors.  My roosters, Independence (born on the 4th of July two years ago) and Beethoven (he crows the first four notes of Beethoven's 5th Symphony), and the hens will "help" by kicking the fresh straw out of their nests as soon as I put it in, scratching everything I try to shovel up to make sure I didn't take anything they want, and getting under my feet!  Sound like an appropriate thing to do on Labor Day, doesn't it?

Contributor

I volunteer with VISIT Milwaukee and was assigned to work at the Harley-Davidson Museum for their 115th Celebration...I finished in time to film the 115th Parade...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1QJtmagu-Y

I drove 5 hours on Friday afternoon from Santa Monica to Julian, CA to a Methodist Church Camp where 134 of us Contra danced to wonderful live music, ate good food, enjoyed old and new friends, hiked a bit, napped, and appreciated the mild climate. It was my 11th Labor Day dance there, as well as my 11th year of Contra dancing. Do check out some youtube videos of Contra Dance. It's a wonderful community of folks all over the US. It exercises both the body and the brain. And I get many hours of aerobic exercise with a big grin on my face! At 75 years young, I appreciate life to the fullest.

Periodic Contributor

I am a volunteer, docent, Board member, and Volunteer Reg. Coordinator for the historic Empire Ranch in Sonoita, Arizona.  I was at our booth this weekend to promote the upcoming events we are having at the ranch at the 103rd Sonoita Rodeo.  We will also be at the Santa Cruz County Fair in Sonoita on the 22nd and 23rd of this month.

Contributor

we did nothin ive sign up for diability waitins for three years borrow money from every were and dont have nothing to do nothing with i work all mylife and now cant pay my bills so get back with me tell me what to do i need help

Contributor

Spent the day at the Minnesota State Fair.   It was a great time!

Contributor

I worked. Saturday, Sunday, and 16 hours on Monday. I work at least one day every weekend, and Mondays is a regular 16 hour day, which was my choice.

Contributor

Iโ€™m going to visit my uncle who is 88 years old, at his assistant living facility for their โ€œLabor Dayโ€ celebration.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP