Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

What Do You Do On Rainy Days? ☔

Anonymous
Not applicable

What Do You Do On Rainy Days? ☔

💥 Discussion created on March 28, 2021💥

It rained all day today and so glad it was a Sunday, my day to rest. To lighten my mood, hate dreary overcast rainy days, I worked on my Color By Number. Takes my mind off the weather 🙂 Luv looking outside my window and seeing Mr. Sun. Lol, but not today 😞

Silver Conversationalist

I luv rainy days. They provide me a chance to reflect on whatever,an opportunity to sit back and just listen,something that just seems harder on those beautiful sunny times. Maybe its the soft  rhythm of the drops as they fall,at some point i'll remember how years ago I noticed how a gently falling rain sounds like bacon frying. Eventually perhaps i'll pick up my old guitar and quietly strum along,always mindful of how i can play the notes but somehow cant' make the music. It doesn't matter. For a few minutes the only thing that matters is the peace i feel.. What better gift for the day to offer..

Anonymous
Not applicable

Stop by to read the comments and/or add a comment.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Stop by to read the comments and/or add a comment.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I normally work on my family tree on Ancestry.com.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jerseystorm wrote:

I normally work on my family tree on Ancestry.com.

💥 @Jerseystorm how long have you used this site? Angela 💥

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I've been a member of Ancestry.com since 2007.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jerseystorm wrote:

I've been a member of Ancestry.com since 2007.

💥Hi @Jerseystorm my daughter loves that site and keeps up on things on both sides of her family.💥

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Put on some records, kick back and think to myself what a wonderful world. Just like Louie taught me. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Raynyky wrote:

Put on some records, kick back and think to myself what a wonderful world. Just like Louie taught me. 

💥 Lol @Raynyky 🤣😂 💥

Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

We don't get much rain here in Tucson, Az, but when we do I'll sit on my back patio and enjoy a cup of tea. Love watching the lighting strikes over the Rincon Mountains and listening to the thunder as the storm rolls thru the Old Pueblo. 

Sounds nice 

Anonymous
Not applicable

💥Monday - June 7, 2021 7:30am EST💥

Hi @RosemarieJ542785 welcome to the board and thank you so much for stopping by to join our discussion. I am here if you need any help 😁

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Given that I live in the Pacific Northwest which is basically a rain forest, rainy days here are called Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, etc.  So what I do is put on my baseball cap, grab my 'brella, take out the trash, clean out the mail box, go pick up a meal, all the normal things. (Only being slightly sarcastic, but it's true that too much sunshine depresses me. I'm weird that way. LOL!) 

Anonymous
Not applicable

💥April 18, 2021💥

Yikes @DeahWA I literally die when we have back-to-back rain 😭 While I am DREADING the coming SUMMER as I cannot afford the air, I need Mr. Sun to show up like TODAY 🙂 I really appreciate you stopping by to share with us 🙂 🙂

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist

Well @Anonymous the trade off here is that we usually don't have hot summers, which is good because almost no one has air conditioning at home. But we're on a hot and sunny streak right now -- 4 days without rain and temps in the 70s! I do remember one May 30 years ago where it was 90 and it nearly brought society to a halt. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

💥April 18, 2021💥

@DeahWA I NEED to relocate to your area!!! Between the famous HOT FLASHES AND HUMID SUMMER I am ready 😤

Bronze Conversationalist

Humid summers were why I left STL forever. I am not a fan of sweat. LOL

Anonymous
Not applicable

💥April 18, 2021💥

For you @DeahWA 🤣😂aea6873dc96d1bc87e2e409b241546c3.jpg

Bronze Conversationalist

Oh yeah, that is ME exactly. LOL! 

Social Butterfly

@Anonymous , Great question! Living in Scottsdale,AZ, we don't get a lot of rain.  But I love a big bowl of popcorn and a good movie.  Sometimes drift off to sleep listening to the rain for a afternoon nap treat. Christine

Anonymous
Not applicable

💥April 2, 2021💥

Hi @Rhymesometimes thank you for stopping by 🙂 As usual no pressure to respond to the following questions.

1. Do you have a lot of droughts? I live near Roanoke, Virginia and get way too much rain. Sometimes daily rain for weeks which causes the Roanoke River to overflow and basements to flood.
  2.  What type of popcorn do you like? I use to enjoy popcorn, but of late not.
  3. What type of movies do you enjoy? Me, clean mystery. Luv the old ones like Poirot, Murder She Wrote and so on.
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@Anonymous ,  This past year, it only rained a few days.  If you like sun, Scottsdale will give you lots of it.  We have had temps hit 115 and above, so there is a trade-off for little rain.  Popcorn on the stove top with coconut oil is our favorite snack. While crunching those kernels, we like murder mysteries, documentaries ( for me, anything on wellness and nutrition ) , the original Flip or Flop ( inspirational while we waited to get into our new home ).  One of our favorite movies was "Queen's Gambit."  Angela Landsbury as Jessica Fletcher, a classic fun light viewing pleasure.  Christine

Anonymous
Not applicable

We would luv to hear from you!

Bronze Conversationalist

I usually don't have a ton of energy on rainy days.  I find them great days to curl up with a kitty and a good book!  👍

Anonymous
Not applicable

💥March 28, 2021💥

@RosemaryF433825 sounds cozy! What is the name of your kitty if you do not mind sharing? Same with what book you are reading.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

@Anonymous   I actually have three cats...two are outdoor/indoor.  The newest member that is strictly inside is Myles Standish (aka Myles) who I got the Monday before Thanksgiving last year.  He's just 7 months old.  

The book I am reading is called:  The House in the Cerulean Sea by T.J. Klune.

It's actually a fantasy.  I'm quite eclectic when it comes to what I enjoy reading, and I still like to actually have the book in my hand instead of going electronically.

Anonymous
Not applicable

💥March 28, 2021💥

I bet Myles is CUTE @RosemaryF433825 !!! I like to use my bookmarks. Never got into the Kindle, etc. This is what I bought at the Dollar Tree. Lol, now to make time to finish reading it.20210328_204331.jpg

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP