Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Want to try online dating? Here's a handy guide

Community Manager
Community Manager

Want to try online dating? Here's a handy guide

Have you tried online/app dating? During COVID-19, meeting in person has risks, and meeting people online is a great way to mitigate those risks. While the opportunity to meet new people via an app is exciting, it can also be confusing and overwhelming when trying to navigate these new-age ways of dating. There are so many apps to choose from! How do you determine the best platform for you?

Check out Find Love With This Guide to Online Dating Apps for a handy list of various dating apps. Have you tried online dating? Did you like a particular app or platform? Share what your experience was like 💌

Bronze Conversationalist

@AARPRachelA   Trust me when I say there are some very...VERY strange people seeking dates/companionship online.   

Honored Social Butterfly

It has been some years back that I tried online dating.  I posted my profile on a senior site thinking the men would be gentlemen.  Wrong!!  Some of them were just awful.  I had carefully worded my profile so I knew I was not putting the wrong message out.  I learned that I could not post anything negative about the site, so this is what I did to get my revenge.  I posted this.....Great news!  I have met the man of my dreams.  As soon as can save enough from our Social Security checks we are going to meet.  Until then he will continue as a Senior Chippendale and I will continue my career as a swimsuit model.  This was my last post and I knew online was not for me.

Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Community Manager

i'm sorry you had such a bad experience @Soosie. it does sound like many of these platforms are not always safe spaces, especially for women. i like how you handled it, though!

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

@Soosie    Hahahaha!  "Senior Chippendale!"   Oh boy!  My mind is NOT conjuring up good visuals of that!   

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP