Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Twenty-Twenties- The start of a new decade!

Community Manager
Community Manager

Twenty-Twenties- The start of a new decade!

What do you have planned for 2020?  Do you go beyond New Year's resolutions and plan for the next decade?  How do you do it?  Financial plans?  Retirement?  What's in store for you?

AARPTeri
Periodic Contributor

I plan to retire in 2025 my husband already retired in 2022 so it is hard having to get up everyday and leave while he is by himself at home all day without a vehicle I worry so much about him. Well 2 more years and we will be able to travel and enjoy our time together even more till then I will just keep up my daily routine and phone to check in with him / Thanks listening it helps to have someone out there who can listen and not judge.Thanks again

Contributor

I plan to retire in April! I want to do all the things I haven't had time to do while working! I want to finish those books I started writing, I want to read more, cook more and healthier, travel more, and spend more time enjoying nature! I want to clean and organize my house and garage, spend more time at the gym when it's not crowded, and truly live and love my life. I want to spend more time doing the things I truly enjoy, and spend more time helping others.

Contributor

For the year 2020, I plan to:

1. Save more money✔

2. Get a great life insurance ✔

3. Buy my first home✔

January is proving to be a terrific start. 

Periodic Contributor

Fitness (once again—maybe this time it'll stick!)

Explore Argentina with a friend

Enjoy traveling the rivers with my husband on our cabin cruiser.  It's been a tough transition from life on a sailboat.  

That should easily—and with satisfaction—fill up 2020

Contributor

PRAY AMERICA OVER COMES WHAT IS LURKING IN THE DARK HOUSE MSY GOD BLESS US 

Contributor

More and more contract work. Hopefully-globally! Plan is and if I work as hard as I did in 2019 it should all wash out. Resultant- saving more then spending.Next ten years out-major world politics candidate- as well. No, no  retirement in sight. Only, planning for when that distant day comes. Way way down the road. Means time travles include family and friends!                                                     My key a-though  is to keep the contracts coming in.

Periodic Contributor

I pray America stay strong,stands together and I can get company together to start a great future for my country,vets and people saying something positive for our neighbors and country

Contributor

I plan to write two more books and finish the ilustrations for the Children's book I've already written

Periodic Contributor

Wow! That sounds great!
Periodic Contributor

This didn't land where it should—sorry . Wow!  That sounds great!

Periodic Contributor

This year I'm going to be dedicated to working out,starting a construction company flipping homes and going to give back to my community by donating a home or land back to st Vincent de Paul veterans program and help them turn it to a clean and sober house for homeless veterans and people needing a chance.wanting off drugs and I'll give them jobs while they stay there and teach them a trade and give them hope.name of company is going to be STONE SOBER CONSTRUCTION 

Contributor

I'd like for people to realize that 2020 is NOT the start of a new decade. The next decade will be 2021-2030.

Contributor

I am designing and building a new home that better suits my long-term needs for aging in place, with handicap accessibility throughtout and lots of windows for sunshine.  As part of this move, I am working on decluttering 35 years of accumulated stuff.  

Contributor

I plan on continuing to lose weight to get a knee replacement.

Taking my first cruise. 

Continue upgrading my home.

Periodic Contributor

I plan to travel , learn a new language and loose at least 50 pounds see I want to be able to sit on a beach and not have people looking at me so when I go to hawaii,costa rico and the virgin islands as I have plan to I want to be comfortable and feel good about myself and if I learn spanish it will help alot so wish me good luck and as soon as I have completed one of my goals I will let you all know 

Contributor

Regenerate myself after retiring, find new ways to help our world heal. 

Social Butterfly

I plan on cleaning up my debt, downsizing and retiring. Looking for somewhere to move.

0 Kudos
Contributor

I plan to attend my Class Reunion for my High School and go to Disney World. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

WHY is this so hard to understand???  2020 is NOT the start of the new decade, but the tenth year of the old one!  We didn't start by calling it Year Zero, we started with year 1 AD.  Thus, the first decade ended with the year 10, the second with the year 20, and so forth.   2000 was NOT the first year of the 21st Century, it was the LAST year of the 20th.  ANY computer professional will tell you that we didn't start with year Zero, because computer professionals DO INDEED start counting with ZERO!!

0 Kudos

I will Vote Blue! I will fight to keep our environment clean and undo the damage done by the current administration.

Periodic Contributor

We will be taking a 11 day cruise for our 45 Anniversary to the CARIBBEAN 🏝

Contributor

I am planning on traveling as much as possible during 2020.  For January, I'm taking a road trip to Southern California where I grew up and lived for the first 45 years of my life.  Looking forward to connecting with old classmates and long term friends.

I haven't made any concrete travel plans for the rest of the year, but I hope to be able to go somewhere at least once a month.

Periodic Contributor

I would love to travel so much I'm trying to get my drivers license back and I would love to travel

1. Sooooo, I received the gastric sleeve on 11/25/19! YES! I am very happy I did it because I am down 60lbs since then! My knees arent hurting as bad! I went to Urban Solutions to get some hyperpigmentation under control and tomorrow I will began walking. I also found a new hair stylist that doesn't make me feel bad about my seborrheic dermatitis! She wont cut my hair unless its neccessary! Thus far I am legitimately happy for the first time in a long time. Now I just need to find some money to replace what I have spent! I am worth every penny!   I love you guys and all the articles that are very relatable to my new life. As a Registered Nurse we are often over worked, overlooked, underpaid and very underappreciated by everyone including ourselves. This will not be me any longer. I love people, but I dont feel that from them a lot in this field. It's become a "me" society. 2020 I turn 45 with 19yrs in the field! I will also return to school! Wish me luck! If you know of any scholarships or funds to help I would greatly appreciate it!! Toodles!
Honored Social Butterfly

@Didee1975 wrote:
  1. Sooooo, I received the gastric sleeve on 11/25/19! YES! I am very happy I did it because I am down 60lbs since then! My knees arent hurting as bad! I went to Urban Solutions to get some hyperpigmentation under control and tomorrow I will began walking. I also found a new hair stylist that doesn't make me feel bad about my seborrheic dermatitis! She wont cut my hair unless its neccessary! Thus far I am legitimately happy for the first time in a long time. Now I just need to find some money to replace what I have spent! I am worth every penny!   I love you guys and all the articles that are very relatable to my new life. As a Registered Nurse we are often over worked, overlooked, underpaid and very underappreciated by everyone including ourselves. This will not be me any longer. I love people, but I dont feel that from them a lot in this field. It's become a "me" society. 2020 I turn 45 with 19yrs in the field! I will also return to school! Wish me luck! If you know of any scholarships or funds to help I would greatly appreciate it!! Toodles!

Dear @Didee1975 ,

I just want to thank you for your years of care and service.  I truly appreciate all the years of training and laboring in the field it took to bring you and all other nurses and others in the "helping professions," to this point in time.

So while you folks take care of us, please remember to take good care of good ol' irreplaceable YOU!

Thanks!

I am so excited for 2020 I am going to the Summer Olympics. What a treat🥂

Contributor

Can't beleive I am typing this at my age,  but I am going to climb out of debt.  I am going to calm down and let what I can't change, go.   My goal for 2020!

Happy New Year!  2020 a brand new decade!   

Contributor

Cleaning all the clutter that still is here from our move. Hard to move from a large house to a much smaller. Plan to take relax time and not over worry about what I cannot change.
Rita J Cintron
Contributor

@craftyrita wrote:
Cleaning all the clutter that still is here from our move. Hard to move from a large house to a much smaller. Plan to take relax time and not over worry about what I cannot change.

Im doing the same. Scaling down and getting rid of so much in the “archives .” I’ve been the family point for info from 4 g nerations. I’ll be 85 this year and if my kids and their families don’t want it——?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP