Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

There should be a forum for those who live life without the benefit of having a family

Regular Contributor

There should be a forum for those who live life without the benefit of having a family

Many people don't. 

Social Butterfly

@sh58233857 Just revisiting your post.  Have recently heard ( from multiple sources ) that 1 in 4 Americans do not have someone in their life that they could call a really good friend.  Wondering in the AARP demographic if those statistics are even more.  

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@sh58233857 You bring up a really good point about something that is ( sadly ) all to common.  It comes down to wanting to connect and having a safe place to share.  The problem I have seen in the past ( have been active on this site for over a year ) is that something is started that seems like a great place for connecting, and it quickly flames out because people aren't willing to post on some time of regular schedule.

I recently started posting every Monday under the Entertainment forum, under the leisure & lifestyles section about limericks.  If people are interested, they can check in for a new set of limericks each week.  Maybe you can do something like that format.  Where people can check in weekly.  I think if you try to sustain anything more regular, people get tired of it.  Just a thought.  Could organically become more regular if you get a core group checking in. That could work.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I agree.  How would that work?  I'm presently not doing so well with friends and family.   I have a very small family left, but they are not beneficial to me.  So that's where I'm at.   

Regular Contributor

So very sorry to learn that you're not  doing so well with family and friends. I agree that it does get lonesome at times.  I am looking forward  to registering at our local senior community center in a day or two.  I have been procrastinating but I have to make the effort to connect with new friends. That's my goal for 2022. Good luck Tom

Trusted Contributor

In the area I live in where I don't know where there's a Senior's Center and I have looked for one.   Plus with the pandemic, if there was one, then there wouldn't be much going on anyways because events would have to be cancelled.   

I have done so much in the past to get out there and make friends, and have failed.  If I was successful, then I wouldn't be reporting that I'm not doing well with making friends.   

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

i wish whoever sets up the aarp forums would start a category for it.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP