Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿ˜ค The 2 United States CENSUS (10 year/community)!

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ˜ค The 2 United States CENSUS (10 year/community)!

โžก๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again. โฌ…๏ธ

Read comments and/or comment.

In YOUR opinion, are they HELPING us? ๐Ÿค”

0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Honored Social Butterfly

The actual Census count that we complete once every (10) years is very short especially if there is only one person in the household.  But if there is more people, it is the same few short questions for each of them.

You know the importance of the  Decennial Census - right?

It is used for establishing the count of Congressmen in the House by state and the number of population they represent,

Census. gov ACS and the Decennial Census

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (4/25/23) Yes, the COMMUNITY census. Thanks, Nicole ๐Ÿ™ƒ

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

The actual Census count that we complete once every (10) years is very short especially if there is only one person in the household.  But if there is more people, it is the same few short questions for each of them.

You know the importance of the  Decennial Census - right?

It is used for establishing the count of Congressmen in the House by state and the number of population they represent,

Census. gov ACS and the Decennial Census

Anonymous
Not applicable

2 comments (4/25/23) No, it has NOT changed anything and the $$$ they spent last week and this week MAILING me stuff could have been ADDED to help Seniors!

Last week, received 2 pieces of mail ON THE SAME DAY (6 days ago, I check my box once a week unless Post Office email says something is urgent). One telling me to go ONLINE and complete census. The second one warning me I better do as they say. Hmmm, how about you give me a chance to go ONLINE before threatening me. Anyway, went ONLINE that same day as I so DO NOT want a worker "knocking" on my door.

Then TODAY, in my mailbox, a 48-page booklet with a self-addressed envelope and stamp.

Lol, I am amused!!! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

Also luv the THREAT on the OUTSIDE of the 3 "envelopes" - YOUR RESPONSE IS REQUIRED BY LAW.

Now to wonder IF they will go ONLINE to "check" to see IF I did it online. Over it....

Nicole ๐Ÿ™‚

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Would that be the US Census โ€œ American Community Surveyโ€?  A lot different than the biennial census count.  

U.S.Census.gov - American Community Census

How else do you think the government finds out different things about people and their communities - the actual biennial census (every 10 years) actually just counts you/family size and puts you in some racial/ethnic classification.  This one is longer and lots more detailed - everybody doesnโ€™t get one - so if this is what it is - American Community Survey - they you will be answering for the many who didnโ€™t get one - 

Bronze Conversationalist

I generally would throw something like that out.  In '10 I just happened to be heading to work when the census taker came, so I couldn't just not answer the door which would be my normal response. 

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP