Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Social Butterfly

Super Power You Wish You Had

At this time, flying would have to be mine. My younger brother is moving to Italy for a job, my older brother is having health issues.  Would like to be able to pop in and help out. Asked my husband this question.  Without missing a beat, he said x-ray vision.  hhuuummm 🤔  Christine

Social Butterfly

I'd be happy if I just didn't have to take time to (1) sleep and (2) eat. Or at least cut down on the time spent on both activities.

Honored Social Butterfly

@fffred 

You could instead be a "fffred The Creator of Time" wizard.  Hmmm . . . . sounds like a good fantasy novel.  😎

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@GailL1  Now that would really be cool! Like "Dr. Who".

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@fffred I hear all the time that people wish they didn't have to sleep.  But sleep and eat, cut back or eliminate completely is interesting.  What would you do with your new found time if it were possible?  ---  Christine

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

I do like my sleep! It's just that I've always been involved in something that carries on late into the night, some interesting project. I guess that began as a youngster reading books late at night, carried through to my late term university studies and thereafter. And I just want to continue with that "study" project that I'm working on...late into the night when I can really focus on it..

I was a bachelor for a long time (until getting married at age 46). So my "eating", or rather food preparation, was always very simple, quick and easy. Anything to minimize the bother. Others I've known are real foodies and their interests revolve (in part) around food, the way mine revolves around various study projects.

Social Butterfly

@fffred Great answer.  I totally get it.  When you get into a "zone" and don't want to stop what you are doing, and time seems to fly by effortlessly.  Once you are married, ( even more so when you become a parent ) those periods tend to be  less available.  ---  Christine

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I think I'd the superpower I'd want would be to be a Metamorphmagus, so I could change my appearance at will -- taller, thinner, curly hair, red hair, etc

Social Butterfly

@DeahWA That would be pretty cool to have that super power.  Christine

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I am right there with you picking flying. I loved Superman as a kid (still do) and I used to wish I could fly too. I was fascinated by the flying scenes in the first Chris Reeve Superman movie. That scene flying Lois Lane around was beautiful. I used to fly my kids to bed in my arms when they were young and they loved it, which made bedtime much easier in our house. To this day they still remember the laughs we had pretending to crash into walls until they landed in their beds! I do have to admit that your husband may be on to something! I may have to reconsider.

Social Butterfly

@postman29 What wonderful memories your kids will always have. Loved that flying scene,  Christopher Reeves and Margot Kidder,   The original Superman movie came out when I was a teenager, and I fell hard for Reeves.  A sucker for blue eye.  As I recall, there was a scene about x-ray vision!  Christine

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Bubble Shooter and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP