Trusted Contributor

😀 Stop Bullying On The Spot Government Website!

(1/14/23) I have never experienced being bullied until this site when a member I thought the world of, turned on me. Now I know what our kids are experiencing online every day and why some committ suicide. Join me and others in preventing suicides. Thank you, Nicole πŸ€—πŸ€Ž

πŸ‘‰  Federal government website managed by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 200 Independence Avenue, S.W. Washington, D.C. 20201.

πŸ“   When adults respond quickly and consistently to bullying behavior they send the message that it is not acceptable. Research shows this can stop bullying behavior over time.

Parents, school staff, and other adults in the community can help kids prevent bullying by talking about it, building a safe school environment, and creating a community-wide bullying prevention strategy.

πŸ‘‰

LINK TO ONLINE GOVERNMENT WEBSITE 

Trusted Contributor

(1/14/23) Hi @zapatero , thanks for the information. πŸ™‚ Nope, at age 64, soon to be 65, I have my only child to stay "alive" for. She is my "best" friend. πŸ€ŽπŸ€— I was referring to the people of "all ages" we are losing to "suicide" due to bullying of all kinds. πŸ˜ͺ I see it on the school buses every day here at my apartment complex and IF bus driver "addresses" it, they get fired. Have a GREAT day! I ALWAYS do, Nicole πŸ˜‰

Honored Social Butterfly

We all face enough pressures with daily life. Bullying fixes nothing and just makes an already difficult life more difficult. We all need to stand together against bullying in any form

Trusted Contributor

(1/14/23) Thank you @BeatleloverKT !!! And being told to "ignore" the bully does not work for me. They need to know bullying is not "tolerated"....

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

(Saturday 1/14/23 12:41pm EST) Any comments? πŸ€”

πŸ‘‰  TITLE: 4 Things You Should Do if You’re Being Harassed at Work - Yeremian Law.

πŸ‘‰  FROM THE ARTICLE: Here are four steps you can – and should – take if you're being harassed at work:

(1) Document what's happening to you.

(2) Tell someone.

(3) Get help from an attorney.

(4) File a complaint.

πŸ‘‰  LINK TO ONLINE ARTICLE 

➑️To reply to this post, click on REPLY BUTTON at bottom of this post, enter your text, then click REPLY BUTTON again.⬅️

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

(1/14/23) Cyberbullying is bullying that takes place over digital devices like cell phones, computers, and tablets. Cyberbullying can occur through SMS, Text, and apps, or online in social media, forums, or gaming where people can view, participate in, or share content. Cyberbullying includes sending, posting, or sharing negative, harmful, false, or mean content about someone else. It can include sharing personal or private information about someone else causing embarrassment or humiliation. Some cyberbullying crosses the line into unlawful or criminal behavior.

πŸ‘‰

LINK TO THIS INFO ON GOVERNMENT WEBSITE 

Trusted Contributor

(1/14/23) Protect Yourself from Cyberbullying. Bullying does not always happen in person. Cyberbullying is a type of bullying that happens online or through text messages or emails. There are things you can do to protect yourself.

(1) Always think about what you post. You never know what someone will forward. Being kind to others online will help to keep you safe. Do not share anything that could hurt or embarrass anyone.

(2) Keep your password a secret from other kids. Even kids that seem like friends could give your password away or use it in ways you don’t want. Let your parents have your passwords.

(3) Think about who sees what you post online. Complete strangers? Friends? Friends of friends? Privacy settings let you control who sees what.

(4) Keep your parents in the loop. Tell them what you’re doing online and who you’re doing it with. Let them friend or follow you. Listen to what they have to say about what is and isn’t okay to do. They care about you and want you to be safe.

(5) Talk to an adult you trust about any messages you get or things you see online that make you sad or scared. If it is cyberbullying, report it.

πŸ‘‰  LINK TO THIS INFO ON GOVERNMENT WEBSITE 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
ShowΒ Β onlyΒ  | Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP