Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Something You Didn't Appreciate As A Kid, But Do Now

Social Butterfly

Something You Didn't Appreciate As A Kid, But Do Now

I knew from a very young age, that I would be responsible to pay for my higher education.  So, I learned to save money, work hard, spend on only the necessities, and curb instant gratification.  It has served me well all these years later. Many of my peers were handed money from their parents constantly, and didn't have a clue how to manage their finances.

How about you?

Kudos
Views
Replies
Social Butterfly

Naps. 😊

Social Butterfly

@Vexed Yes, naps!  Love that.  Along that line, baths too, for me.  

Silver Conversationalist

For me its time.. More specifically quiet time.. I spend most every very early morning the same basic way.. Out on my porch with coffee listening to the silence.. I think that's why i enjoy the Front Porch topic so much..I live it daily.. I love listening to the day wake up.. It typically starts with a single chirp,one bird,who is apparently "in charge" of getting the rest up and around,emits a single chirp followed by a few seconds of silence.. Then a couple more tweets and suddenly,as the sun burns its way over the mountain to the east,the avalanche of song rings thought the yard.. But what if it's raining? Its a different and just as wonderful start to my day.. I sit and listen to the rain softly fall with a gentle rhythm that only Mother Nature can keep,and I marvel at how rain like that can sound like bacon frying.. Makes my breakfast decision a bit easier too.. I have learned over time that these moments are so valuable to us,yet seem to be the ones that slip away the quickest.. Consider sharing a mornings birth with someone special.. It will never be time wasted..

Social Butterfly

@LeeS4949 Appreciating the simple things in life, ( like the nature arounds us ) can really be some of the best times!

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

@Rhymesometimes 

Great topic!

I always thought that I appreciated how **bleep** hard my parents worked to give me and my siblings a great childhood until it was my turn! I truly love, admire, and miss them dearly. I know that they set a great example for me to follow, and I know that they would be proud of me! 

Happy Father's Day Dad.

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly

Steve the @postman29 , You are an excellent example of a hard working caring father, husband, son and friend.  Happy father's day!

Bronze Conversationalist

@Rhymesometimes 

Thank you Rhymes! I appreciate your comments. I admire your dedication in saving and putting yourself through college. I'm sure it wasn't easy and you have a lot to be proud of! I know the feeling of not ever getting handed anything and I realize how fortunate I was to get a great career without having to go to college. It lead to a happy life. 😀

Social Butterfly

Feeling very blessed!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroids® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP