Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Social Butterfly

Social Outlets

So many people have been very isolated during the past 1 1/2 yrs.  Wondering if you are getting out more regularly now.  My social outlets include staying in touch with family and friends  ( phone and text lately ), work outs at the gym, walks in the neighborhood, online limerick contest, posts in the AARP community and lots of time with my hubby.

How about you?

Regular Social Butterfly

First, love your moniker! Very fun!

I also choose the same outlets you (and hubby) do, except I don't work out at the gym (I use AARP videos for that) as we here in Vegas still have high counts, especially of the Delta strain.

Not knowing how many variants might follow, an in-person gym may be the last place I go. I'm considering taking the kiddos to dinner at a restaurant, then moving forward with a farmers' market, then trying an outdoor concert, then graduating to Ozzy concert when his tour returns to the US in 2022...

I know this may seem to be somewhat paranoid, but we have a 1.5 yo g-daughter and a g-son coming in Feb, so just still trying to keep the bubble small.

Your outlets are excellent, except for that, @Rhymesometimes ! Thanks so much for sharing!

#StaySafe

#RIP_Colin_Powell

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Social Butterfly

@WebWiseWoman Slipped that limerick contest on line past you hee hee.  My husband and I finally returned to the gym when it got to hot to walk ( day or night ) outside.  We keep our distance, and wipe everything down before getting on and  and after getting off   equipment. The Zumba class has numbers on the floor for our spots, so we are well  spread out. Other than that we go very few places, and always with masks.

Thx for your contribution!

Regular Social Butterfly

Thank you! And seriously consider the AARP videos; Lorraine Ladish has an awesome Zumba 10-minute class I do every day! You might find with all the fitness peeps available (Bryant Johnson, Denise Austin, and more), you can save a few bucks without the membership fees?

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly

@WebWiseWoman  Thx for the tip.  Always liked Denise Austin and her bubbly personality.  She has a workout on this site with her daughter. So adorable together!

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP