Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Remarried? How is it different from former marriage(s)?

Social Butterfly

Remarried? How is it different from former marriage(s)?

Coming up on my first wedding anniversary. Jim was married twice before, my second. We met over five years ago, and are doing great together.  For myself, it couldn't be more different.  My first marriage, I was in college and only 21.  A baby really, with virtually no serious dating experience.  It lasted 27 years, and ended officially in 2012. 

Second time around I was 56, with way more life experience and maturity.  We are true equals, and our strengths and weakness compliment one another.  Disagreements are handled far better then my first marriage, we don't take each other for granted ( very often! ), more willing to give each other some grace and space when needed. Way more respect. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats @Rhymesometimes !!!! Nope, one divorce is all I want/lol.

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@Anonymous , One divorce is all I want too!   

Bronze Conversationalist

@Rhymesometimes- Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary! It sounds like we both found our soulmates the second time around. I was only 24 when I married my first wife (she was 22). The only good things to come out of that marriage, which only lasted 7 years, were my two children. I thank God that I got full custody! I was lucky enough to find my second wife 5 years later and we just celebrated our 27th anniversary a couple of months ago. She is a selfless, caring, and loving person, someone that is the total opposite of my first wife. Our kids have always called her mom for the way she treated them and helped me raise them. We enjoy each other's company and have a ton in common. She's beautiful inside and out and I'm a lucky guy. Whoever said that the third time is the charm didn't look hard enough the second time!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@postman29 awesome 🙂

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@postman29 , Thank you postman, congratulations to you on your long-time marriage the second time around.  I also am grateful for my two daughters from my first marriage.  They both are bright, well-educated hard-working women, and I am proud of them.  Hooray for all of us!  

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP