Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Proud Grandmother

Message 1 of 4
This cartoon represents what happens later. I can still remember when I was my son's best friend and then he threw me over for other friends and the women in his life. Grandchildren do the same.

Soosie
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

Image result for grandmother showing  too many pictures cartoon

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

I'm not a grandmother either, or a mother, for that matter. But I think maybe we can generalize this a little more. People are entitled to be obsessed about whatever they'd like .. their children, grandchildren, fur babies, gardening, etc. But they have to understand & respect that everyone doesn't share their passion for that same thing. There would be nothing wrong with sharing a photo or two periodically - whether it's a baby, grandchild or prize winning flower - but anything more than 6 photos is toooooo many .. unless the person you're showing shares your obsession.

Aside from that, the restaurant owner/manager should be aware of what the employees are doing, even if they're interacting with customers during their breaks. No one wants to be rude, so it's up to the owner/manager to giver her a little talk.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Proud Grandmother

Message 4 of 4

I am not a grandmother and hope I do not come across as disliking kids.  I love them.  What I have run into over the past several months is a grandmother who is a waitress at a cafeteria where I usually go for lunch.  She showed me photo after photo of her grandchild.  The photos started to all look the same after the first 100 or so and I completely ran out of ooh's and ahh's.  I honestly did not know anything else to say.  It seemed to bother the other customers she was going to with the photos and the people who were actually doing their job since she was not.    One day I was not feeling well and when she came to me, I told her I did not feel well.  She has backed off some and I notice they have her on the register.  Perhaps this is a good move.

I certainly didn't want to hurt her feelings, but to tell the truth, I was growing so tired of the 15 minute photo experience each day.  It cut into my lunch time and made me have a nervous stomach.

If I should ever be a grandmother, I am sure I will be so proud, but I hope to remember that you can't expect everyone to want photo after photo, day after day and not grow weary.

Soosie

Kudos
Views
Replies