Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Regular Social Butterfly

October 1st Memorial Suggestions

Las Vegas continues to attempt to recover from 1-Oct. For some it's going okay, for others, not so much.

In hope we can continue to move forward, there is a request for 1-October Memorial Suggestions ; this is a government site; not a scam; no donations requested.

It's hard for me to post this; I remember posting here on AARP that night when I fell to my knees on the news of this then learning from SIL my daughters and their step-sis were rescued by ex...

When I lived in Denver working for state, Columbine happened; 2 daughters of a co-worker were injured...

I cannot understand how we allow this to continue; I hope we can finally recognize anyone can lose their mind and murder others if they have the arms to do so... to me, that is the issue, period. 

I hope we learn from this happening again and again and again...

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Bronze Conversationalist

@WebWiseWoman 

Well said. I can't believe that people who can stop it or reduce it don't for the almighty dollar and power. Our poor kids and grandkids can't enjoy the same innocence of childhood that we had.  That's what really gets me ......! No place is safe anymore.

Regular Social Butterfly

Thank you for your well written response! There is so much new since this latest shooting, where a good person responded and was able to do good for his fellow citizens; that would not have helped us at 1-Oct...

It also did not help back in 2014: LVMPD Officers murdered, then good Samaritan Joseph Wilcox murdered 

My family gave up on safe years ago; we also gave up on any connections to guns (this after realizing when aunt shot uncle accidentally during Night Stalker 80s... )

If there are any concerns about not having guns, perhaps that's where we can start?

Thanks for reading...

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP