Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

Moms are incredible! Share a memory or photo of your mom!

Community Manager
Community Manager

Moms are incredible! Share a memory or photo of your mom!

Mother's Day is right around the corner Smiley Very Happy Let's celebrate all of our incredible moms! Which superhero reminds you of your mom and why? What's a special memory you have of your mom?

My mom has always been an incredible cook, and a lot of my favorite memories of her involve food. When I was in my early 20s, I would go to my parents' house and learn to cook a classic recipe with my mom. They were recipes she made while I was growing up. Those days/nights were always so wonderful because not only did I get to spend quality time with my mom, we also got to eat delicious meals together Heart

Mumsy and me at the Yayoi Kasuma Infinity Mirrors exhibitMumsy and me at the Yayoi Kasuma Infinity Mirrors exhibit

Contributor

I thank God for My Mother, she not only brought my life into this world with unconditional love but saved my soul and life many times.  Such is the conviction and commitment of  a Mother, as I would ultimately discover, years later.  Mom was always there for me through her personal life struggles of being married to an alcoholic, divorce from my father and two subsequent marriages of abuse.  A myriad of medical problems couldn't keep her from supporting me to accomplish high school graduation and a scholarship to be more than she had been ... My Mother was and is my eternal Spirit of Heart,  the Motivator of my Concience and the Ipidemy of My Expectations as a Mother of two Sons, five grandsons and Great-Grandmother to be.  Mom taught me everything it takes to be a Mother, and from that Love, that only a Mother can teach, I have survived.  I am everyday thankful that I had such a Loving Mother and that Iv'e had such an amazing life, thanks mostly to the strength and courage that she gave me.  I thank God that I was with her for the days and moments before her passing that gave me the chance to hold her hand, kiss her forehead and tell her what a wonderful Mother she was and how grateful I felt that she was my Mom and was humbly thankful to at last tell her I acknowledged her sacrifices and that I would always try to be as good of a Mom as she was.  Thanks Mom, I'll love you till the day I die, then we'll meet up and take a look at all these Sons and Grand Sons and Great Grand Sons and in your case Great Great Grandsons.  You'll be happy to know there's already signs that the "Boys" have the Mother Love thing figured out (I made sure of that).   

Contributor

My mother on her 21st birthday.Happy Mothers DayHappy Mothers Day

Warm Johnson's Popcorn on the Ocean City, NJ boardwalk!Warm Johnson's Popcorn on the Ocean City, NJ boardwalk!

My adorable mom is up for anything - she is curious, adventurous, accepting, supportive, and just always optimistic.  A true treasure:)

My Mom is a Wonderful Human Being, & I Love Her Dearly.

A couple of years ago she came to visit. When she saw an 8" x 10" photo I had in my office from her wedding day she teared up. My heart grew 2 sizes that day, just to know that she knew how much I love her.

Contributor

Happy Mother's Day!
0 Kudos
Contributor

Mommy Rose on Mother's Day. Always in my ❤. 

20200509_161459.jpg

Mommy Rose. Always in my ❤. 

Contributor

Mommy was a wonder mother, friend, and great cook! She was very modest! So much love packed into such a small body as she was 4’11! We love you Mommy and miss you every day!

AE4F9D00-9ADD-4F74-B127-2EF1A7FC8200.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

Mom lamented almost daily about how "ugly" she was but my brother and I never thought so. She did look younger once of course and this is one of her best photos, before joining the Marines and keeping her lifelong "crew cut."

7BD1B233-5763-4CA4-AC72-83D174259415.jpeg

Earnestine Taylor                    1922-1993Earnestine Taylor 1922-1993My Mother was one in a million.  She had the biggest heart of anyone I've ever known.  A huge giver!  A lady "born before her time" in every way.   She was quite a character to say the least.  I still miss her and our daily talks.

Contributor

Coming out of a shopping plaza, making a left turn onto busy Linden Blvd in Brooklyn, NY, my mom turned into the oncoming traffic lane! Did I mention that it was a very BUSY intersection?!!! We were teenagers then, however she, my sister and I still laughed about it until she was called home to the Lord 7 years ago!

FB_IMG_1589034694300.jpg

Contributor

F6CFC2DB-9C9A-4E1C-A4A3-EF63977AD3CB.jpeg

20191103_125756.jpg

Contributor

IMG_5638.jpgMom relaxing after work. As far as I can remember, she always worked outside the home. But, that was OK.

Contributor

IMG_2203.JPG

My mom was my hero! She taught all about love, commitment, sacrifice, how to love my family, husband, son and taught me not only right from wrong but kindness and raised me in a good Christian home. I miss her everyday and wish I could spend a few more minutes with her.

Contributor

This was on my Mom's 100th birthday. She chose to die just one month later but boy did she pack in some great times and built great memories in her 100 years. I miss you mom every day.Queen for a day on her 100th!Queen for a day on her 100th!

Contributor

nana.jpgmom.jpg

My Mom is my EVERYTHING.  My mother, my inspiration, my best friend, my confidante, my spiritual partner, my fur kids Nana, my tattoo sharing buddy, and SOOO much more.  I love her more than anything in this world and would move mountains if she asked me to.  She is a natural caregiver who took care of my father, her mother and her best friend when they needed it before they passed.  She's a giver and not a taker and never has a bad word to say about ANYONE.  I try to be so much like her each and every day.  I was so blessed to have her as my role model and my mother.   Love you to the moon and back Mama.  

Contributor

Dear Mom, this is your son Vander, just wanted to let you know how grateful I will always be for all the great things you have done for me while you were alive. You saw me at my worse when I was downtown on Skid Row addicted to smoking crack cocaine and alcohol, and you saw me at my best when I walk across the stage with master’s degree from USC. I want to know you are truly missed, but most of all I want to wish you a Happy Birthday in Heaven!! – God Bless You and continue to Rest in Peace.Dear Mom, this is your son Vander, just wanted to let you know how grateful I will always be for all the great things you have done for me while you were alive. You saw me at my worse when I was downtown on Skid Row addicted to smoking crack cocaine and alcohol, and you saw me at my best when I walk across the stage with master’s degree from USC. I want to know you are truly missed, but most of all I want to wish you a Happy Birthday in Heaven!! – God Bless You and continue to Rest in Peace.

Dear Mom, this is your son Vander, just wanted to let you know how grateful I will always be for all the great things you have done for me while you were alive. You saw me at my worse when I was downtown on Skid Row addicted to smoking crack cocaine and alcohol, and you saw me at my best when I walk across the stage with a master’s degree from USC. I want to know you are truly missed, but most of all I want to wish you a Happy Mother's Day in Heaven!! – God Bless You and continue to Rest in Peace.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP