Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

July 4th Poll πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ

  1. Do you attend firework displays
  2. Or stay home?
  3. Lol, have no interest? πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
3,549 Views
17
Report
Anonymous
Not applicable


@Anonymous wrote:
  1. Do you attend firework displays
  2. Or stay home?
  3. Lol, have no interest? πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

 

0 Kudos
2,921 Views
0
Report
Bronze Conversationalist

We sit on our breezeway, with a cocktail or two, and watch the fireworks from 3 surrounding towns as they get above the tree line. It is so awesome and patriotic! The sight of the fireworks in the distance, followed by the boom, is such a great experience. We look forward to it every year, especially knowing we don't have to deal with crowds, traffic, or mosquitos. 

Anonymous
Not applicable


@postman29 wrote:

We sit on our breezeway, with a cocktail or two, and watch the fireworks from 3 surrounding towns as they get above the tree line. It is so awesome and patriotic! The sight of the fireworks in the distance, followed by the boom, is such a great experience. We look forward to it every year, especially knowing we don't have to deal with crowds, traffic, or mosquitos. 


πŸ’₯Wow, 3 sets of fireworks @postman29 !!! Awesome 😁πŸ’₯

Bronze Conversationalist

Thanks for posting the topic, Angela! I like reading everyone's responses. They are great.

Anonymous
Not applicable


@postman29 wrote:

Thanks for posting the topic, Angela! I like reading everyone's responses. They are great.


πŸ’₯You are welcome @postman29 and thank you for stopping by to join our discussion. 😁πŸ’₯

Silver Conversationalist

We like to watch fireworks from our home, as we can see them all around in the distance without all the noise. This past Sunday we were treated to an amazing display after our son’s high school graduation that was held at our nearest city’s baseball stadium. This is my favorite picture as the school’s colors are blue and gold.

78AFBDB6-8630-4504-A584-D0934018A241.jpeg

 

Anonymous
Not applicable


@LindaB671 wrote:

We like to watch fireworks from our home, as we can see them all around in the distance without all the noise. This past Sunday we were treated to an amazing display after our son’s high school graduation that was held at our nearest city’s baseball stadium. This is my favorite picture as the school’s colors are blue and gold.

78AFBDB6-8630-4504-A584-D0934018A241.jpeg

 


πŸ’₯That is awesome @LindaB671 !!! And what a gorgeous pictureπŸ’₯

Bronze Conversationalist

I enjoyed attending fireworks displays when I lived overseas and worked on a military base. There was a special community feel to it that doesn't really seem present now. These days, as others have said, there is too much traffic, and people are too steeped in political madness to make attendance appealing. And I worry about the effects of the noise on pets and other animals.

Anonymous
Not applicable


@DeahWA wrote:

I enjoyed attending fireworks displays when I lived overseas and worked on a military base. There was a special community feel to it that doesn't really seem present now. These days, as others have said, there is too much traffic, and people are too steeped in political madness to make attendance appealing. And I worry about the effects of the noise on pets and other animals.


πŸ’₯Yes @DeahWA we tend to forget about the animals. 😞πŸ’₯

Anonymous
Not applicable

I stay home and watch from my window or porch. Not interested in the traffic and crowd.

Honored Social Butterfly

That’s for sure, it was different when we were younger. Plus we have a dog who just freaks out, tries to hide but she is too big, and shakes from the fireworks. 
Usually watch the fireworks on tv. I do think that the 4th is a special day!

Anonymous
Not applicable


@williamb39198 wrote:

That’s for sure, it was different when we younger. Plus we have a dog who just freaks out, tries to hide but she is too big, and shakes from the fireworks. 
Usually watch the fireworks on tv. I do think that the 4th is a special day!


πŸ’₯What is the name of your furbaby @williamb39198 ?πŸ’₯

Honored Social Butterfly

Husky, malamute, and a little of something else…Mollie

Community Manager
Community Manager

I also stay home and watch from the roof πŸŽ† It's definitely better than dealing with crowds! Tbh, I haven't been watching them the last couple of years cuz folks in the neighborhood put on a better show than the National Mall.

Anonymous
Not applicable


@AARPRachelA wrote:

I also stay home and watch from the roof πŸŽ† It's definitely better than dealing with crowds! Tbh, I haven't been watching them the last couple of years cuz folks in the neighborhood put on a better show than the National Mall.


πŸ’₯I am so jealous @AARPRachelA πŸ’₯

0 Kudos
3,166 Views
0
Report
Regular Contributor

For the last several years (except 2020), we have driven to the neighboring town and watched their display from the sidewalk.  We take along a couple of folding chairs, and we are good to go.  We definitely enjoy the displays, though the noise stresses our dog (we don't take him along, but there is so much neighborhood racket from illegal fireworks).

Anonymous
Not applicable


@Mike7SoCal wrote:

For the last several years (except 2020), we have driven to the neighboring town and watched their display from the sidewalk.  We take along a couple of folding chairs, and we are good to go.  We definitely enjoy the displays, though the noise stresses our dog (we don't take him along, but there is so much neighborhood racket from illegal fireworks).


πŸ’₯What is the name of your furbaby @Mike7SoCal ?πŸ’₯

0 Kudos
3,163 Views
0
Report
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
ShowΒ Β onlyΒ  | Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Users
Need to Know

"I downloaded AARP Perks to assist in staying connected and never missing out on a discount!" -LeeshaD341679

AARP Perks

More From AARP