Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿ’ฐ๐Ÿ’ธ If You WON The Lottery, What Would YOU Do?

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿ’ฐ๐Ÿ’ธ If You WON The Lottery, What Would YOU Do?

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

*READ comments &/or ADD a comment*

(1) Have U ever WON? ๐Ÿค”

WE would luv to hear YOUR story. ๐Ÿ‘

(2) IF u have NEVER won, what would be YOUR plans? ๐Ÿค”

Thanks, Nicole ๐Ÿ‘จโ€๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ‘งโ€๐Ÿ‘ฆ (Friends & Family Forum)

Recognized Social Butterfly

(Wednesday 1/10/24)

I do ONLY the $1 Scratchoffs IF I happen to SEE them wherever I am.

Unless the PAYOUT is $10 or MORE, I buy MORE of them with what I win.

I start with ONE of EACH $1 types ($1 cash) and QUIT when I stop winning or have not won. I do it for FUN....  ๐Ÿ˜Ž

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

I don't play the lottery, I invest.  Though I occasionally try your "instant wins" and "sweepstakes" on this site. ( Those are free to play ๐Ÿ˜„)

Trusted Social Butterfly

In high school we read a short story called The Lottery.  It made such an impression that I don't buy lottery tickets.  But just as a mental exercise I considered this hypothetically:

It depends on my net income from the jackpot.

If relatively small I'd probably have to settle for establishing some kind of Trust or something so I could retire with a measure of financial security.  Then bequeth it.

If it was big enough I'd have to look into establishing some kind of Trust or Endowment or other organizational vehicle managed by a non-profit entity that employs me in perpetuity so I can contribute to the operation and receive sufficient compensation to continue to live with financial security.

Maybe a salary based on the average annual income of all the full time employed adults (age 18 - 72) in the U.S. plus full healthcare (Dental, Medical [including Pharmaceutical] & Mental) and a free AARP membership.

Recognized Social Butterfly

1 comment (9/14/23)

Okay, you got my attention Eric @EricC28201 ๐Ÿ‘

What is the story? ๐Ÿค”

Lol, and I want to WORK for you!!! Luv those BENEFITS.... ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

It was the free AARP membership that got ya wasn't it @SpringIsHereSoHappy ? ๐Ÿ˜

Anonymous
Not applicable

*READ comments &/or ADD a comment*

(1) Have U ever WON? ๐Ÿค”

WE would luv to hear YOUR story. ๐Ÿ‘

(2) IF u have NEVER won, what would be YOUR plans? ๐Ÿค”

Thanks, Nicole ๐Ÿ‘จโ€๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿ‘งโ€๐Ÿ‘ฆ (Friends & Family Forum)

Kudos
Views
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bills for me and IF any left over, help my "only" child pay off her townhouse.

Nicole ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Bronze Conversationalist

My wife and I would buy a new home to finally enjoy retirement, help our kids with buying a house, help our close friends with bills, and privately donate to as many charities as we'd like, especially regarding cancer and child illnesses. The lottery win would hopefully be enough to cover everything on our list!

Honored Social Butterfly

Wish me luck๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™‰๐Ÿ™Š 

(AM radio station, here I come! ๐Ÿ™ƒ I've already predicted it (see my lucky numbers below! ๐Ÿ˜) -- took me forever to find the font style...nearly two days (as you'll notice by the NEXT DRAW: 1D 5H 6M 4S ๐Ÿ˜†). 

04292023 lucky numbers.png

โœจ๐Ÿ€โœจ๐Ÿ€โœจ๐Ÿ€โœจ๐Ÿ€โœจ๐Ÿ€โœจ๐Ÿ€โœจ๐Ÿ€โœจ๐Ÿ€โœจ๐Ÿ€โœจ๐Ÿ€โœจ๐Ÿ€โœจ๐Ÿ€โœจ๐Ÿ€โœจ๐Ÿ€โœจ๐Ÿ€ ๐Ÿ˜โœจ๐Ÿ€โœจ๐Ÿ€โœจ๐Ÿ€โœจ

Anonymous
Not applicable

(1 comment) Good Luck my friend @KellytheBelly !!!! You know I will need my percentage/lol ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ. Nicole

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly

Since we don't any lottery/lotto here in Nevada (go figure; the gaming companies want our money more than the state, I guess), I'm waiting until rent becomes truly unaffordable (probably Oct/Nov this year) and moving south; looking for tiny house in warm climate.

Then, if I win the lottery, I'll buy a small lake and have tiny houses built around it and have retirees from everywhere live together.

The remainder of the lottery winnings will go to PBS and Feed America...

...just because both these wonderful entities have been there when I personally needed them.

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: โ€œIf Iโ€™d known Iโ€™d live this long, Iโ€™d have taken better care of myself.โ€
Bronze Conversationalist

I was thinking of PBS being a worthwhile charity for my estate, since I never had Cable TV., though since this last Government repack when Fedzilla sold Channels 38-51 off to Cellco, in July 2020, I no longer receive my local PBS affiliate.  

Honored Social Butterfly

Regularly buy scratch offs as they have a higher percentage chance of at least winning some of your investment back.

I win enough that I can rationalize that the money spent is no more than any other hobby(like golf) and at least goes to a good cause. (Education here in NC).

New car and invest the rest.

0 Kudos
Contributor

My wife and I would invest half of it in Tesla and other future clean energy stocks. Then we'd each buy Tesla cars, I want the Plad X in red and she wants the self parking Y car in black, Then we would donate a large sum to our local church so we know where it is going directly to the needy. We would continue to help with relief and supplies to Ukraine, again only because I personally know the group who actually gets the aid to the people there suffering through the Russian Genocide against all Ukraine. It is their Holodorm. Russian Communists  have wanted to eradicate all Ukrainians since Stalin days. Putin is no different.

William F. Rodgers
Honored Social Butterfly

As I get older, and play the lotto, I have come to the realization that you must really want to win. Not going through the motions, but to feel it within you. For example, knowing exactly what you'd spend money on, and how much to put away for a rainy day. lol (yeeah, you know, a million+ bucks for a rainy day! haha) Anyway, I would buy an AM radio station (KKJW) (even though they may be becoming obsolete because of cellphones, and what-not). Not that I'd ever win. But, just in case, I know what I'd do with it. lol DREAMING. ๐Ÿ˜‰ With 1.00 scratch offs, I have better luck with those.

Good luck, Nicole! I hope you get rich one of these days. ๐Ÿ˜‰ x

(P.S. If you really want to understand what winning the lottery can do to change your life (not necessarily for the best), I highly recommend 'Welcome to Me,' with Kristen Wiig. I love this little gem of a movie. It's playing on Tubi TV right now: https://tubitv.com/movies/480266/welcome-to-me?start=true. It's cringe-worthy, I admit.)

Be Careful What You Wish For. ๐Ÿ˜‰

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP