Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

If You Had A Million Dollars To Spend, What would You Spend It On? 🤔

Anonymous
Not applicable

If You Had A Million Dollars To Spend, What would You Spend It On? 🤔

• This discussion was created on March 31, 2021.

Me, I would buy a tiny cottage versus trying to find one to rent. Pay off my only child's townhouse. Save the rest to repair my old blue lady (2006 Hyundai Elantra). Lol, she likes to keep me broke but I luv her = no new car for me. We growing old together 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Stop by to read the comments and/or add a comment.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Stop by to read the comments and/or add a comment.

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

Being a smart man it would have to be whatever my wife wanted.

Anonymous
Not applicable

💥Sunday - June 13, 2021💥

Lol @postman29 🤣😂 

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

A million to spend .... hmmm .... I have 2 kids in college now so I'd make sure their tuition is paid through to graduation so they aren't saddled with student loan debt. Then I'd provide what I could towards comfortable housing for them. I'd like to set up or contribute to some kind of education endowment for one or more Native American communities. And then I might travel to all the ancient sacred places around the world that I've always wanted to see. Or possibly hire a personal assistant as I get older to keep up with annoying paperwork of life. Oh, and maybe replace the windows in my condo and/or get better insulation put in so the electricity bill isn't so high. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

💥April 24, 2021💥

lol @DeahWA that is a long list. Don't forget the future grandkids. Just pulling your leg girl. Thanks for taking time out of your day to stop by and join our discussion 🙂 🙂 🙂 

Social Butterfly

@Anonymous , Glad to have you back! There are so many great organizations that could use that kind of money.  I would put some of it into Fresh Start Women's Foundation.  They help women get back into the work force, counsel those who have gone through domestic violence, provide clothing for interviews, update computer skills and have built an amazing network of support, encouragement and knowledge for countless women.  

Just found out yesterday, my younger brother is being transferred to Italy sometime in August.  So, definitely would take a portion of the money to visit him and his awesome wife.  Gelato, gelato, gelato, pasta, pasta, pasta.  Then hire a personal trainer! 😃  Christine

Anonymous
Not applicable

💥April 25, 2021💥

Hi @Rhymesometimes Italy, how exciting!!! Thank you for stopping by to join our discussion 🙂 🙂 🙂

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I would invest in high quality, dividend paying, long term holding stocks such as Nucor, Apple, Caterpillar, and Bank of America.

Anonymous
Not applicable

💥April 1, 2021💥

Hi @nctarheel thanks for responding 🙂 Wow, I did not realize Bank of America would be a good choice.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Well funded banks, such as Bank of America, stand to increase in value as interest rates rise. Interest rates have risen recently and my assumption is that they will continue to rise.

Of course, my assumptions have been wrong before.

Anonymous
Not applicable

💥April 1, 2021💥

Thanks for the info @nctarheel 🙂 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP