Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

IF A FRIEND DID THIS, WHAT WOULD YOU DO????

Honored Social Butterfly

IF A FRIEND DID THIS, WHAT WOULD YOU DO????

I am Jewish. As a Jewish person these days, one must be wary of the rise of AntI-semitism.

Suppose you had a trusted friend that you had invited to dinner and this friend brought another acquaintance with your approval.

Now, suppose through dinner conversation, it becomes clear that this acquaintance happens to be a denier of the Holocaust. It also becomes clear that your trusted friend was well aware of their acquaintance's position on the Holocaust.

What would you do regarding your friend?

Drop them as a friend because they knew their acquaintance was a Holocaust denier?

Or, keep them as a friend.

At a minimum, they had put you in an uncomfortable position.

But they also could have put you at risk.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

Hello Tarheel

You ask what we would do and are not asking us to tell you what to do. It is also clear you differentiate friends and acquaintances. 

If it were me, I would want to express my feelings but not engage in arguing with anyone. I would just put it out there and see what I acceptance I got from someone I considered a friend. Give them a chance and people will always show you who they are, when they do, believe them.

0 Kudos
Trusted Social Butterfly

I would ask this so call friend why were you two put together on her dinner list knowing the circumstances of each and what was she or he trying to accomplish by doing this..If her reaction and answer isn't satisfactory and you still feel hurt I would drop or keep space between us until an apology was forth coming..It's too bad that this was done and she or he should be embarrassed by this as it doesn't speak too well of your friend..Give room for an explanation and let it be know that you are shocked and hurt by this action then deal with it..

Honored Social Butterfly

Actually, the friend insisted they didn't know that the acquaintance was a Holocaust denier, however; I found that hard to believe based on the conversation at hand.

With that said, my opinion is that I drop this person as a friend, and even possibly, add them as a person that I should be wary of, as the possibility exists that they are Antisemitic and have kept it well hidden from me for years.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Asteroidsยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP