Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

How will you be spending Father's Day?

Retired Community Manager

How will you be spending Father's Day?

Do you have any plans? Do you have a special yearly tradition for Father's Day? Let us know how you celebrate.

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor

I will be spending Father's Day by visiting what could have been his final resting place, and read off the stanzas created a few years before his passing. The stanzas read by various participants, will focus on the aspects he could have presented during his times. These stanza will reflect how we could have been noted by.

0 Kudos
Conversationalist

When, my Dad was alive,  our family would get up early and head for the beach and spend the whole day there, swimming, boogie boarding, float rafting on huge waves.  My Mom would sit on the beach and be our lifeguard because her skin was so light,

My Dad taught us about the currents, never fight it, just let it take you back inland or you will die.  He said to always watch where you are and keep landmarks.  We would stay there until the sun went down because my Mom LOVED the Sunsets.  After, the sun was dropping down she would go in with my dad and then I was the lifeguard.

My brothers went go back out with my Dad and Mom once again.

Its a beautiful memory that has lasted since one of my brothers has passed, and my Mom and Dad.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP