Conversationalist

How have you streamlined your life?

I have definitely reduced how much "stuff" I own.  My mind shift is looking at everything in my house as inventory. It's taking up valuable real estate, and it needs to have a purpose.  Just saw a video that said, if you're not sure if you should keep something, would you put the effort into cleaning it if it was covered in red wine?  So clever.  I say less inventory, less work, more time to do things that are important, necessary or fun. Bottom line, more freedom! 

How about you? Do you have a streamlining story?

Super Contributor

Hi Christine!

Yes, I have been streamlining every day and it seems like a never-ending process..LOL.  I like the red wine theory, I use the does it bring me joy...

Shari
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

Shari, Love Marie Kondo! I think the streamlining eventually becomes ongoing maintenance.  One in, one out.  I look at the new item as an "upgrade."  But, I'm with you, still clearing out. Enjoying the process.  Christine

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements
Introduce yourself and connect with others on similar interests, experiences and needs.
AARP Games

Throw it back and play Atari's Missile Command. Grab your arsenal to neutralize your enemy and protect your cities from a missile attack. You got this!

AARP Games Atari Missile Command

Music and Brain Health

From soft jazz to hard rock - discover music's mental, social and physical benefits. Learn more.

Music and Brain Health

Let Us Work for You

AARP is your trusted friend and fierce defender. Membership unlocks powerful benefits to help you in your life. Join today for just $12 per year with Automatic Renewal.

AARP Membership