Rethink your job search and find opportunities for experienced workers with AARP’s job board.

Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: How do you spend time with your grandkids?

Message 11 of 14

Well, my grandkids are of an age where they really would rather be with their friends or doing social media.  They don’t want to be around oldies anymore.  👴🏻👵🏼

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

How to spend time with your grandkids?

Message 12 of 14

I usually spend time with Taylor to show what will be part of this part of life in the future, along with plenty of demostrations and lessons!

As for Hunter? Eeech!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: How do you spend time with your grandkids?

Message 13 of 14

@VoyagerVicki 

Thanks Vicki for the topic

I have 2 granddaughters who are 8 ½ & 7 my 2 married sons each have a daughter they are very close like sisters 

I pick them both up from their different schools once or so a month I take to them to eat their choice

I introduced them to Frosty from Wendy's which we 3 love

I also introduced them to eating at a cafeteria which can be costly but fun

I keep them on a weekend day on occasion usually try once a month 

I'm no longer a babysitter I kept my oldest the 1st 4 years of her life till she went to school & kept youngest some of those earlier years. 

I like to be a fun silly grandma letting the kid in me have fun too 

My oldest loves animals bugs and all I encouraged this so we all love kittens So we've had fun adventure few times going to SPCA near my home which is no kill Cats roam around freely really neato We visit the cats and dogs and Guinea pigs 

20181014_170807.jpgGirls in cat room

20181014_164400.jpg

then we go eat at Denny's which they love offers so many things both girls love eating

Also April 2018 I got my 1st Alexa Echoes was super great then in August I got Echo Show on sale That was awesome realized could video chat with others I ended up getting the 3 of us each a Echo Show so we can chat at times and they send me voice messages which are so sweet and they come up on my app so I can listen to them anytime I want.

I enjoy introducing them to new things & I'm amazed at all they can do at their ages and teach me to 

I recently brought a purple car for us ride in & my youngest son has my GMC SUV now 

I enjoy my times with them and just focus on them when they are with me.... being Grandma Ginger is truly a blessing in my life.... having my sons was greatest gift to be their mom... but being Grandma can be so much fun 

Enjoy your family everyone! 

Have a beautiful weekend 

Ginger  :  )

"May your troubles be less....your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door" : )
Kudos
Views
Community Manager
Kudos
Views
Replies

How do you spend time with your grandkids?

Message 14 of 14

Grandparents are spending more time with their grandkids--and doing it in more creative ways: https://www.aarp.org/home-family/friends-family/info-2019/grandparents-survey.html

How often do you see your grandkids? How do you use technology to stay in touch?

Kudos
Views
Replies